Fungal Disease in Canines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see a lot of septic arthritis, fortunately. Most of the fungal infections we see in Moore are Histoplasmosis and that's not terribly common. I'm assuming your vet is considering fungal causes due to poor response to antibiotics. They might be able to get a hit with a Urine fungal antigen test. Grass awns can penetrate the paw and migrate to joints as well. On the bright side if it's in the elbow it's probably not osteosarcoma.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“ Quite a bit of bone loss in the humerus radius and ulna “.
Urine test can detect fungal infections. Bone biopsy definitive. Need to rule out “C” word.
Did you say how old Jax is ?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see a lot of septic arthritis, fortunately. Most of the fungal infections we see in Moore are Histoplasmosis and that's not terribly common. I'm assuming your vet is considering fungal causes due to poor response to antibiotics. They might be able to get a hit with a Urine fungal antigen test. Grass awns can penetrate the paw and migrate to joints as well. On the bright side if it's in the elbow it's probably not osteosarcoma.
We haven't been given antibiotics. I believe they also collected a urine sample.

Thank you for the information!

Latest posts

Top Bottom