Fungal Disease in Canines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glassparman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cocci is a thing even in animals! I almost died from Valley Fever a couple years ago. If let go too long without something like Fluconazole, it can be deadly.

My daughter down in Dallas also just recovered from a mold fungal infection in her lungs. Aspergillosis was the label they put on it.

For Cocci, they need to do more than just the IGG, IGM blood tests. They need the Cocci complement fixation titer which has to grow in a lab to get the results.

Your dog probably feels like crap it if is Cocci, I could barely make it to the bathroom without stopping to catch my breath.

hope all goes well!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cocci is a thing even in animals! I almost died from Valley Fever a couple years ago. If let go too long without something like Fluconazole, it can be deadly.

My daughter down in Dallas also just recovered from a mold fungal infection in her lungs. Aspergillosis was the label they put on it.

For Cocci, they need to do more than just the IGG, IGM blood tests. They need the Cocci complement fixation titer which has to grow in a lab to get the results.

Your dog probably feels like crap it if is Cocci, I could barely make it to the bathroom without stopping to catch my breath.

hope all goes well!
Thank you!
Glad you and your daughter are feeling better!

Jax has aspergillosis. If he is feeling poorly, he is hiding it pretty well. I hope this means the disease will be stopped quickly and he will heal up well.

glassparman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you!
Glad you and your daughter are feeling better!

Jax has aspergillosis. If he is feeling poorly, he is hiding it pretty well. I hope this means the disease will be stopped quickly and he will heal up well.
Thanks for your well wishes. I had Cocci back in 2020 but my lungs will never be the same.

My cat scan said "innumerous 2 to 3 mm nodules throughout both lungs.

Glad Jax is doing good. I recently put down the last of our very old family dogs. Hard to lose a pet when they are more like family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom