AOW Shoty for HD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about one of these for HD and to travel with.

http://coldhandarms.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_14&products_id=23

Yeah they look cool and seem like fun, but I could care less about that for this weapon.

I've never fired one though. My thinking is that they would be good for the close confines of a house or in any other tight quarters situation. Would be easier to answer the door with and conceal behind the door.

Here is how I see it:

Pros: easy to manuver, get the ballistics of the 12ga 00 buck (although the short barrel will reduce the velocity), simple to use (I would think) easier to stash.

Cons: More recoil, more muzzel flash, less accuracy if needed at longer distances (not my intended purpose), reduced round capacity.

Anyone have any experince in using these in tight quarters vs a full size (18in barrel with stock) ? (not interested in uneducated opinions. Please only respond if you have actual experience, not just what you have heard or seen on TV)

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The first time you shoot a round of OO Buck through this you will want to get one with a stock. It looks cool and all but beleive me they have limited practical use. They hide well and all but they are a handful and then some. I would see if someone had one you could try first before you invest the time and money into one of these.I had a fellow Trooper that had one and I shot it a couple of times. I really wasnt interested after that. You really dont lose much mobility with a 18" barrel and full stock. And you have much more control.

BobAsh

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree with Glockcop. I'm a huge fan of SBS but a pistol-grip shotgun is all but impractical.

Also I know there's no legal precedent, but personally I wouldn't plan to use an NFA gun for HD.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me personally, I wouldn't use any NFA item for HD. The reason being is that the press would twist and turn everything against you.

"Local homeowner shoots burglar with "SAWED OFF SHOTGUN"." "News at 10." Or, Local homeowner shoots intruder with "MACHINEGUN."

Nevermind that the burglar was in YOUR house trying to steal YOUR stuff and YOU felt threatened and had to shoot him. Or, that the gun is totally legal to own and possess.

Not saying that this has ever happened, but just MY reason to not use mine.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can not imagine a nfa item being a problem. For me best tool for the job if it's nfa so be it. Plus a good attorney can't hurt.

In the criminal proceeding it would'nt matter.A "good" shooting with a legal weapon is just that.Now in a wrongful death civil trial,the plaintiff's attorney could make you look like some kind of "Rambo" like killer usng a specially registered deadly weapon just looking for someone to use it on.Like it or not,mom and pop America would just see a "stop and rob" weapon that only a bad guy would use.

HKCHEF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the criminal proceeding it would'nt matter.A "good" shooting with a legal weapon is just that.Now in a wrongful death civil trial,the plaintiff's attorney could make you look like some kind of "Rambo" like killer usng a specially registered deadly weapon just looking for someone to use it on.Like it or not,mom and pop America would just see a "stop and rob" weapon that only a bad guy would use.

Well I don't like it sir.

Latest posts

Top Bottom