Apparently I'm A Glutton For Punishment......Wish Me Luck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, it makes my head hurt just to look at the internals…

Does this watch have the gearing to skip unneeded days each month, or does the owner need to manually wind the date pointer past those days?
It does have a quick set function, but one of them wasn't working when I tested it. It's something I'll need to fix during the rebuild.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
:rubhands:quit sitting around on the forums and get busy!! You have a fan base waiting to be marveled at your insane level of skill.... :cool: Heck of an undertaking but, I am sure, you will blast it out the park. Can't wait.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I did that I would gave about 10 extra parts left over after putting back together. Good luck with it. Can’t wait to see how it looks when you are done.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You ever work on wall clocks? I have my grandfathers old clock. I never tried winding it again after my father said it was broke. Only thing I remember was the damn thing bonging at times. Can not remember if every hour or just at 12. I do remember it was loud!

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You ever work on wall clocks? I have my grandfathers old clock. I never tried winding it again after my father said it was broke. Only thing I remember was the damn thing bonging at times. Can not remember if every hour or just at 12. I do remember it was loud!
Never worked on clocks before.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's fully disassembled now. Dang that was a lot of parts! In a moment of supreme ignorance I pinged a spring into another dimension, never to be found again. I'll never know what caused me to lose concentration at that moment, but the instant I did that I paid for it. I found a replacement spring, and they wanted $46 for it! Just a little spring, less than half the size of my pinky fingernail. I didn't choose to purchase it, but rather used it as an opportunity to make my own spring, which I'm happy to say works beautifully. Thankfully I was a bit forward thinking a few months back and sourced some spring wire in a view different thicknesses, and one of them was the perfect size for this part. A bit of finessing later I had a fully working replacement spring.

After that fiasco, I was focused like a surgeon and thankfully didn't repeat my error!

Latest posts

Top Bottom