Appendix carry for fat guys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooting4Fun

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
APIW with a Glock? I thought about it, but one ND and the barrel pointing at your private parts or a major artery. I am not sure the gun I would choose would be a Glock 5.5 lb and one bad slip would be very bad.

I do want to APIW just not sure I trust myself enough yet reholstering a standard glock. Maybe with a NY1?

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5'10" & 300 lbs.. usually carrying a Glock 23 w/ CT laser [or else a G19 w/o CT laser if weight is a issue] @ 4 o'clock... IWB [Crossbreed style holster] or OWB. And a LCP w/ CT laser in a jeans pocket.

Pigeon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6-0, 190. Glock 30 with 13 round mag at 12:00 in a Smart Carry. Have also used Thunderwear for same carry method. Barrel sits on top of (but not pointed at) the twins. Comfortable for me, and deep concealment.

rdbush17

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
6' 250lb, I carry an Hk45c (glock 19 size) at 2 o'clock in a highnoon tail gunner. As was stated above the 15 deg cant works the best for me, it rides on the side of my gut and the grip comes up near the bottom or my ribs instead of back and thus printing. I too have had a bruise above the ball of my hip from extended sitting, usually car rides as the seatbelt goes across the slide. Sitting in the drivers seat it is very easy to get a full combat grip from right behind the seatbelt latch if you make sure your untucked shirt is not under the lap belt. I don't want to get into comfortable vs comforting but I've never been bump frisked in the front.
I have tried 1 o'clock but it prints badly around the hammer and rear sights and my gut pushes the barrel, well at the boys. I've got some love handel at 3:30 so that doesn't really work either. It works for me YMMV.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AIWB is my favorite of all ways to carry, but it is VERY holster dependent!!! That caused me to build my own as I did not like the ones on the market, thus Keepers Concealment was born. Im a BIG guy and I have found with a few key features AIWB is THE way to carry a gun. AIWB does come with some things to consider, when you holster the gun your pointing the gun at your artery!!! SO LOOK at the holster when you are holstering the gun and make sure your finger is high up on the slide and nothing is in the way.

You can find out more on my holsters here. http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?4022-The-Keeper-New-Favorite-AIWB-Holster
Or Email me at [email protected]

Latest posts

Top Bottom