Appendix carry is retarded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was talking to a friend from work earlier about his new G19, and he said he carries it appendix style. You know, down the front of your pants.

Got to thinking... That's gotta be the dumbest way possible to carry a gun because you have a decent chance of killing yourself...or blowing your ding-a-ling off in the bad way. I mean, I don't know the exact statistics, but I'd bet there are more people who accidentally fire a gun while drawing or reholstering each year than there are actual defensive shootings.

I've seen some goofy looking people at the range attempting to quickly draw on a target and following up with an equally fast reholster. I'm sure more than a fair share of people have lost a leg or died because of it somewhere.

Anyway, I tried it with an old holster of mine and I just don't get it. It's uncomfortable and isn't all that much quicker than a holster on the hip.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not but know people that do, and to each his own. I think it depends on body shape, size, and what you carry.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone who is practicing rapid reholstering would make me VERY uncomfortable. WTH is the point of that? This isn't the Old West, as far as I can understand, I see no need for rapid reholstering.

I have a friend who likes appendix carry... but he don't have the dunlop that I do.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carry whatever way you want that you’re comfortable with. Just me, but other than the obvious, there are too many things like arteries and intestines that I’d rather not have cut or punctured.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was talking to a friend from work earlier about his new G19, and he said he carries it appendix style. You know, down the front of your pants.

Got to thinking... That's gotta be the dumbest way possible to carry a gun because you have a decent chance of killing yourself...or blowing your ding-a-ling off in the bad way. I mean, I don't know the exact statistics, but I'd bet there are more people who accidentally fire a gun while drawing or reholstering each year than there are actual defensive shootings.

I've seen some goofy looking people at the range attempting to quickly draw on a target and following up with an equally fast reholster. I'm sure more than a fair share of people have lost a leg or died because of it somewhere.

Anyway, I tried it with an old holster of mine and I just don't get it. It's uncomfortable and isn't all that much quicker than a holster on the hip.

This post just shows how little you know about it.

Don’t base you opinions on those doing stupid crap.
When they are practicing a quick reholster should be your first clue. With the exception of some limited occasions for law enforcement, the is no need for a quick reholster.

It can be a safe and comfortable way of carry. And all things being equal, it is faster.

Look at the results from Rangemasters Tactical Conference

https://rangemaster.com/tactical-conference/past-match-results/

2018. Top 3 men and top lady were using AIWB
2017, I know 1 and 3 were.
2016 Top 3 were.

Good training “prevents” negligent discharges. I don’t want to run a round out the end of any holster, appendix or not.

Trying with an old holster you have gave me a good laugh. No wonder it is uncomfortable. :)

Study the craft carefully to prevent making uniformed statements!!!

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno, I think this guy specializes in appendix carry training.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/aiwb-skills-class-kiefer-ok-tickets-56084242479?aff=ebapi

I don't do it, but apparently there are knowledgeable people who consider it a viable alternative.
I was looking up his info and it seems he has his own style of holsters for sale with some kind of wedge to angle the muzzle away from yourself.

My opinion is if you need a special holster and a special technique involving unnatural movement in order to maximize the safe use of the style... Why bother?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom