Ar-15 Lower Receivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
30 caliber does not require a different lower. Round length is what dictates which lower you must use. If you will sign up and read that thread you can see which calibers can be used on which size lowers.

7.62x39 & 300 aac blackout are both 30 caliber rounds that work with an AR15 lower receiver. 308 is a 30 caliber round that requires and AR10 lower receiver.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suggest buying a complete .308 AR. There is not enough commonality between the manufacturers right now. If your on a budget the DPMS or S&W would be a good choice, if you want to spend a little more CDNN has some decent prices on Armalites but they do take more expensive and rarer magazines.

While I like their .556 offerings, many people are have trouble with PSA's .308's.

The standard .556 type of lower will work with every caliber but the .308 based calibers. The .308 based calibers (.260, .243, 7mm-08, etc) use a .308 lower that is completely different.

There are a few exceptions such as 30-06 but those are very rare.

MisterGrubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
30 caliber does not require a different lower. Round length is what dictates which lower you must use. If you will sign up and read that thread you can see which calibers can be used on which size lowers.

7.62x39 & 300 aac blackout are both 30 caliber rounds that work with an AR15 lower receiver. 308 is a 30 caliber round that requires and AR10 lower receiver.

Touche! I was referring to 308 - - - the Ak round and the 300Blackout didnt even cross my mind. Please excuse ignorance on that one!

Might I add I'd LOVE to build a .243 WSSM AR-Platform...

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suggest buying a complete .308 AR. There is not enough commonality between the manufacturers right now. If your on a budget the DPMS or S&W would be a good choice, if you want to spend a little more CDNN has some decent prices on Armalites but they do take more expensive and rarer magazines.

While I like their .556 offerings, many people are have trouble with PSA's .308's.

The standard .556 type of lower will work with every caliber but the .308 based calibers. The .308 based calibers (.260, .243, 7mm-08, etc) use a .308 lower that is completely different.

There are a few exceptions such as 30-06 but those are very rare.

I'd like to respectfully disagree. If you do even a small amount of research, you can avoid any problems or compatibility issues. The DPMS pattern is the most common. Higher end manufacturers, like JP, have jumped on this bandwagon. I recently built a DPMS pattern JP 308 and it is nothing short of amazing. Granted, it did cost more than a factory built 308 AR, but it will run circles around them too.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to respectfully disagree. If you do even a small amount of research, you can avoid any problems or compatibility issues. The DPMS pattern is the most common. Higher end manufacturers, like JP, have jumped on this bandwagon. I recently built a DPMS pattern JP 308 and it is nothing short of amazing. Granted, it did cost more than a factory built 308 AR, but it will run circles around them too.

I was primarily talking about PSA's lowers. Did you build your rifle with either a PSA upper or lower?

Latest posts

Top Bottom