AR trigger mods with numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do the set screw mod.

Get a set screw that fits in the grip screw hole and a shorter grip screw (3/4" if I remember correctly). From there pull the grip off and remove the safety, cock the hammer back and run the screw up the grip hole until it trips the hammer (keep your hand in there to catch it). After you do that cock the hammer back and back out the set screw about 1/4 turn until the the trigger will reset correctly. Finally mark the trigger where it's now interfearing with the safety hole and remove that metal, this step will take the most time of disassembling and re assembling until you have removed enough to metal that the safety will fit in but not too much as it will not function. Remove set screw apply lock tight and replace to where it was.

In the process of taking the trigger apart multiple times if you can get an extra trigger pin and cut it to the width of the trigger it helps speed things up. When you take it apart you drive the cut pin in and it will hold everything together and when you drop that in and put the pin back in you don't have to try to hold the trigger together and line up holes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I totally get that, and I was the same way for a long time.
Now I have 2 rifles with Timney 3.5 triggers and another with a Black Rain 3.5 and I don't think I'll ever go back to the polish/bob/spring setup.
Don't ever get a Timney trigger. It'll spoil you for life.
Absolutely. Timmney is in 5 of my guns from bolt to AR platforms.
If you need a discount coupon to buy one, contact me via PM.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry Glocktogo I get it now.
I bobbed it (never heard of bobbed until now) and left the springs modified as they are.. It feels much better than stock.

I am new to all this AR trigger stuff.
And I do not like to rely on aftermarket support if I can tweak what I already have.

No worries. I was multitasking or I'd have made a more detailed post that might've explained it better. :)

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Do that and use JP yellow springs and you'll be closer to 3.5lbs

That's what I did on my last PSA trigger that is now in my long gun setup. Consistent 3.5 - 3.7lb pull with no light strikes. Smooth as butter I love it.

I get my trigger adjusters from www.ar15triggeradjusters.com. They are more reliable and easier to work with than the last couple I bought from JoeBob's or eBay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom