AR15.COM is down. Godaddy booted them off their servers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goes both ways. If a private company can do what they want, then how why werent all the restaurants open?
I know right? Like there was a place I used to eat in Tulsa that was really delicious BBQ but got shut down for repeatedly failing health inspections. WTH? I should be able to make a decision if I still want to eat there and risk my life, or at minimum my bumhole.

I think of it this way: In order to to business the restaurants have to get a license (which so far no one has complained about here) and agree to operate under certain conditions. Almost like a terms of service. If they break those terms of service, they get terminated from being legal.

Now, if we apply that to this situation, the group Parler in this case, signed a terms of service that presumably included language such as "don't use your platform to incite violence and insurrection at the US Capitol" or some other clause that would have that effect. So when they violated that, then their operations got terminated.

My point here being is not to diminish your gripe, but there are some similarities and key differences between the two.

On the ARFCom side I didn't really notice as there's only a few threads I follow and I tend to keep them pinned. I'd imagine that a site like ARFCom would have a much better chance at legal action though as they worked to actively moderate to stay inside of a ToS whereas Parler specifically stated that they believed anything goes.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same thing with Trump's tweets. If they hurt the precious little snowflakes feelings, they can just not read them, can they not?
I mean, excepting for the fact that we have specific laws against inciting violence and such.... I mean, just trivial little things that sometimes people don't think apply to them. And though I have no Twitter account, I'm like 99% sure that "incitement of violence" is against their ToS whether or not either the libtard or magtard crowd reads them or not.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know right? Like there was a place I used to eat in Tulsa that was really delicious BBQ but got shut down for repeatedly failing health inspections. WTH? I should be able to make a decision if I still want to eat there and risk my life, or at minimum my bumhole.

I think of it this way: In order to to business the restaurants have to get a license (which so far no one has complained about here) and agree to operate under certain conditions. Almost like a terms of service. If they break those terms of service, they get terminated from being legal.

Now, if we apply that to this situation, the group Parler in this case, signed a terms of service that presumably included language such as "don't use your platform to incite violence and insurrection at the US Capitol" or some other clause that would have that effect. So when they violated that, then their operations got terminated.

My point here being is not to diminish your gripe, but there are some similarities and key differences between the two.

On the ARFCom side I didn't really notice as there's only a few threads I follow and I tend to keep them pinned. I'd imagine that a site like ARFCom would have a much better chance at legal action though as they worked to actively moderate to stay inside of a ToS whereas Parler specifically stated that they believed anything goes.

Right, but using your example, the ToS changed on the restaurant mid-contract. They followed all guidelines and then those guidelines changed. Big gov came in and said hey, new ToS, you have to close because you cant meet the terms. We'll decide what the terms are when we decide too and then you can abide by them. Both side interpret the law and how/when to apply it that benefits them the most.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right, but using your example, the ToS changed on the restaurant mid-contract. They followed all guidelines and then those guidelines changed. Big gov came in and said hey, new ToS, you have to close because you cant meet the terms. We'll decide what the terms are when we decide too and then you can abide by them. Both side interpret the law and how/when to apply it that benefits them the most.
But part of the license is being bound to updates as well. Take Windows for instance. I have a Win10 license, but Microsoft could always push changes to the terms with the different feature packs. Android could do the same thing with a different OS version. The concept of an updating license isn't foreign and applies to many if not most technology products I'd bet. How a license is defined in the restaurant space --- I don't know because I don't own my taco truck yet, but I'd wager there is a clause for stuff like this.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
07038ed0312e01394004005056a9545d

You are going to have to run your own fiber optic too.

It's cheaper than coax...

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well... Guess there's a market for pro-free speech webhosting... Who wants to group buy some servers and charge a mint?
I actually worked 20 years for the big guys architecting their data centers and do know how this works and what it costs to get in the game. It's not that easy pal, Do you have about 5 oklahoma oil wells flowing 100 bbls a day? Didn't think you did. That kind of jack is just for starters. You cannot buy servers and just stick them on the internet and start selling hosting services. The Big Com companies own the pipes and portals. They are the ones controlling the net, not just any guy with an idea and a few bucks.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually worked 20 years for the big guys architecting their data centers and do know how this works and what it costs to get in the game. It's not that easy pal, Do you have about 5 oklahoma oil wells flowing 100 bbls a day? Didn't think you did. That kind of jack is just for starters. You cannot buy servers and just stick them on the internet and start selling hosting services. The Big Com companies own the pipes and portals. They are the ones controlling the net, not just any guy with an idea and a few bucks.

I forget y'all don't get a lot of sarcasm around here. It was sarcasm.

All the same, if people can buy child brides and deviant stuff online, I'm sure we could make a 2A server happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom