Been bucked off a horse ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a guy ask me one time if I could shoot off of my horses. I said what I’ve always been told; you can shoot off of all of them, once.

I been thrown more times that I can count. Been in whole passel wrecks too. Only 3 of those ended in a surgeons office resulting in 3 plates and more screws than I can count.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a guy ask me one time if I could shoot off of my horses. I said what I’ve always been told; you can shoot off of all of them, once.

I been thrown more times that I can count. Been in whole passel wrecks too. Only 3 of those ended in a surgeons office resulting in 3 plates and more screws than I can count.
I've seen John Wayne do it hunerts of times.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad broke horses for money . he would snub the bronc to the saddle horn on a other horse. It was my job to mount the bronc . Some times the horse would get enough slack in the rope it would bite my dad & he would turn the horse loose to get way from bitting horse. Some times I would get bucked off some times I road them till they quite bucking. Started this about 12 years old and till I left home . Never got back on a horse .

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Was riding down at the bottom of Lake Optima one day. Horse went down into the ‘quicksand’ so I kicked my stirrups and went to the side to get the hell off. My spur ended up getting caught on the saddle horn about the time my horse got himself out of the sand. He drug me about 50 yards until my spur strap broke. Thank god it broke or I probably wouldn’t be here today. He was headed for a giant pile of rocks, after that he was headed for the thick brush. I can only imagine the head trauma I would have gotten.

Oh and another time was on my stubborn mustang. He never was completely broke.. Anyways, was at a NWOJR rodeo and was told by my dad to go ride him around a little. He didn’t want to go but right about the time he did go a car was driving way to fast in the rodeo grounds and my horse took off right at the same moment that car was about to pass our horse trailer… yup. Got hit by a car while on my horse. What makes the story funnier is it was a Ford Mustang… that hit me and my Mustang.

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple times when I was a kid. I was a tough kid and the dirt was soft so I was no worse for the wear.

I really don’t trust horses. Never have. Probably never will. Lol

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can’t say I’ve ever been bucked off of anything, but when I was about six, I was at my grandparents‘ house at the same time as a couple of my cousins. They‘re a few years older than me, so they were maybe ten and twelve at the time.

Anyhow, we got the opportunity to ride Grandpa’s mule, so we did. Grandpa didn’t have a sale for his mules, so while the mule had a bridle, we were riding on a saddle blanket. On flat ground, this is just fine, but my older cousin was driving, and she (or her brother, I forget) decided that we should follow one of the many cow paths in Grandpa’s pasture.

This particular cow path crossed the creek that cut across the place. As you might imagine, this was fine going down the path into the creekbed, but a saddle blanket doesn’t exactly give you a lot of purchase, so when the mule went up the other side, we didn’t.

And, being the youngest and smallest, guess who got to ride in the back of the stack?

At least it was summer, so there wasn’t a whole lot of water in the creek and it wasn’t cold, but landing on your back after a fall from a mule with your two older cousins landing on top of you, well, it’s not exactly a trip you’d volunteer to take…

In the land of funny coincidences, I was listening to Randy Huston while I was fixing my moco so I could cut some hay, including this apropos song...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, been bucked a few times, drug off a couple times, bit, kicked and laughed at.

Granddaughter wanted to barrel race. I go look at a couple horse, told them before I went out to look, it was for YOUNG GIRLS. I swear horse traders are worse than the speediest used car salesman on the planet.

Finally, talk to guy, sounds promising, horse is his Wife's. Pull up, we walk out to corral, horse meets us at gate. He opens gate and walks to garage. Horse follows behind. Stands at garage, while he gets tack. Saddles horse, puts on bridle, horse hasn't moved.

I step into stirrup and swing into saddle. That @#%^^&%%%%$#$^ horse threw me up like a week old egg salad sammich. I hit the ground and horse walked into the corral.

Then, this guy says, "yep, that's exactly what she did to me."

"WHAT? YOU SORRY MF POS. IF I COULD GET UP AND MOVE, I WOULD BEAT ASS ALL OVER THAT CORRAL."

Next horse I looked at, I told them, "you ride, I want to watch their gait."

Like was said, you ride, sooner or later, you will get throwed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom