Archery hunters and arrogance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then do it!!! And don't give up....
I killed my first few deer with a bow and never picked up a gun to hunt for a long time. It's a very gratifying feeling when it all comes together.
I enjoy both now plus ML, but the feeling of taking your first deer with archery equipment is a memory and feeling you'll never forget.

Oh I'll get it done this year! I had one chance and the rush was amazing. I was shaking so hard, stood up, and my knees popped! Should have just stayed sitting down and popped her!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ive killed deer with rifles, shotgun, compounds, recurves, longbows, inline scoped MLs, and percussion MLs. That leaves a crossbow, handgun, flintlock ML and a thing called an Atlatl(sp), a hand thrown spear type thing.

So far Im most proud of my longbow kill, it took the most work. But its all fun, no need for arrogance.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ive killed deer with rifles, shotgun, compounds, recurves, longbows, inline scoped MLs, and percussion MLs. That leaves a crossbow, handgun, flintlock ML and a thing called an Atlatl(sp), a hand thrown spear type thing.

So far Im most proud of my longbow kill, it took the most work. But its all fun, no need for arrogance.
I'm all about trying an atlatl for deer, played around with a couple homemade ones, surprisingly easier to use than I thought they would be. Can't convince my GW that one is legal though.

Tumbleweed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are people in all sports and all things that have that attitude. It shouldn't matter what someone else thinks. If you're happy with a deer shot by your preferred method that is all that should matter. I get that heart pounding in my chest feeling every time I see a deer while hunting, even if it's a fawn/yearling I have no intention on shooting. The key is to not get butt hurt if someone else doesn't.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even flyfishing has it's elitist. I learned it because it was more challenging and I enjoy it. Catching trout on powerbait got boring to me real fast. After watching some fly guys I decided I wanted to try it. I think bowhunting is more challenging than gun hunting but your going to have arrogant people in every sport, put them on your ignore list if they bother you that much.

LOL!! You folks don't have any idea about arrogance untill you get around some purist fly fishermen.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL!! You folks don't have any idea about arrogance untill you get around some purist fly fishermen.

Oh you ain't kidding!
You should see some of the arse chewings we've recieved for using indicators!!!!
I'll ask them if they have heard of George Daniel. If not go read his book, then come back to me with their attitude. Those people are............. you know what.

1. The guy is one of the best fly guys in the USA
2. In his book he promotes using indicators in certain situations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom