Are the days of "flipping" ammo about over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought three boxes of 45ACP at the west store in Lawton the day before yesterday. There were three more but my wife wasn't with me or we'd have bought those too (not to flip - have a new gun that need breaking in). Really surprised me because it was several hours after the morning "vulture run".

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can only relate to the experience I have had. 1.) Cabelas sent my backordered 22LR of nearly 3K rounds, 2.) Academy has the "popular" ammo (except 22LR) almost every day, and Heartland had piles and piles of ammo last weekend.

I specifically exempted Wal-Mart from my original post. There is something strange going on at Wally World.

Your mileage may vary.

LL

I'd say. The guy with no legs shot the assistant manager in the stomach at our local WalMart. All because they asked him to leave cause he didn't have his little service dog on a leash. I went back yesterday and they have the big Samoan guys working security at the front doors again. Someone else said he heard the local police were just gonna open up a substation in the vacant space up front where the tax guys were.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've all but given up looking for ammo at WM though the only thing I'm looking for is 22LR. I don't have the time nor want to spend the gas $ to drive all over town, hoping I can score a box. I'm waiting for it to come back into somewhat regular stock then will build up the supply in case this silliness happens again.

Not hurting for it really but a guy can't have too much 22 around.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll pay a bit more than the old $18-$20 per brick days, but I refuse to be gouged to badly. I been practicing throwing rocks and hitting on the fence with a stick if it comes to that. Pisses the neighbor's yappy little mutt off purty much...oh well.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Winchester FMJ .45 Auto 230 grain 100 round bulk box $40.77 at Lawton (Sheridan Road) Wal-Mart about an hour and a half ago. They also had a few boxes of .40 that should be out first in the morning (around 7am?) - guns and ammo counter closed now, guy that was supposed to work tonight called in sick. Wal-Mart on 67th also has both .40 and .45 in the back that should be stocked in the morning.

spcbrindley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The muskogee walmart has remained pretty bare. There was a couple of boxes of.32 acp on the shelves for two days. Had a bunch of 30-06 and 300 win mag but that was it. Last time I was in there I saw two 100 rd boxes of .38spl they had tucked under the front counter, the sales guy said "we don't have anything." I get the feeling he was hideing it to buy or to sell to his buddies. That's pretty lame, but what can you do? I do hope this crap settles down now though. Maybe I can talk my wife into getting a ar when they start showing up for resonable prices again. A soon as we start getting ammo back in stick I plan on doing like most of you guy and keep a resonable stock of it so as to not get stuck unable to shoot like now.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say. The guy with no legs shot the assistant manager in the stomach at our local WalMart. All because they asked him to leave cause he didn't have his little service dog on a leash. I went back yesterday and they have the big Samoan guys working security at the front doors again. Someone else said he heard the local police were just gonna open up a substation in the vacant space up front where the tax guys were.

Huh? Not exactly what I meant by "something going on at Wally World..." :disappoin

LL

Latest posts

Top Bottom