This crazy is as bad as ever now; I think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I was out and about Saturday I stopped by Bass Pro. When I asked the counter guy about a rifle I was told I have to go "check in" first. I guess they have someone taking names before you can even look. Said this is new orders from the GM. I didn't bother to go "check in" and won't in the future. With today's political climate there is no chance I am going to give a name or show an ID to ask about guns or ammo. May not be the smartest policy change they can do at the moment.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, all I can say is; I remember the last time there was a crazy shortage like this. Glad I don't need to worry too much about it. I'm in good shape cause when times were good, I bought wisely.
I'm like you, Joel. I am the wise little squirrel that stored away his food for the winter. I have oodles of good stuff. (Sorry; not selling.) I have also not been shooting hardly at all, mostly due to health issues. I'm in decent shape as far as ammo is concerned, at least for now.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just realized that 6 months ago I swapped out all my self defense ammo. As is the custom, I shot the old stuff. All 50rds of 9mm gold dots, 15 rounds of 38spl +p+ ranger, and about 100rds of 9mm HSTs. Can’t believe I did that. Could have sold it now and paid off a good portion of the house.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ammoshortage.jpg

Aaron87

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son has a $500 cabelas or BP gift card through his work. He just called and said cabelas has about 12 handguns in the case.
That’s crazy all the places out of guns. The gun store by me has like 600+ Pistols/rifles/shotguns/ar in stock. Piles and piles of ammo. The main shortage is pistol ammo and .223 but any other kind is fully stocked.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s crazy all the places out of guns. The gun store by me has like 600+ Pistols/rifles/shotguns/ar in stock. Piles and piles of ammo. The main shortage is pistol ammo and .223 but any other kind is fully stocked.

It looks like you are in Durant - expect a convoy inbound [emoji3]

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, all I can say is; I remember the last time there was a crazy shortage like this. Glad I don't need to worry too much about it. I'm in good shape cause when times were good, I bought wisely.

I always kept plenty on hand, and I'm in good shape as well; if the SHTF.

The problem is, and I know a lot like me. I can't go shoot. Not because I don't have the ammo. I've got the ammo, but I can't shoot what I've got because I can't go to the store next week and replace what I shot. The days of setting up on the tailgate in the back yard and using up 600 rounds of 9mm are currently gone. That makes me both sad and pissed at the same time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom