Are you a gun controller ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgerunner

Marksman
Reaction score
suggest you study how our government works. After you learn that the judicial branch does not "codify" law, take a chance to read DC v. Heller. It is one of the easier opinions put out by the Supreme Court.
Perhaps you should take a hard look at something called 'reality'...instead of what you THINK 'how our government works'.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps you should take a hard look at something called 'reality'...instead of what you THINK 'how our government works'.

Laws are written by the legislative branch, enforced by the executive branch, and resolved by the judicial branch.

The Supreme Court does not have the power to create law. It can only review law and determine if it is Constitutional when disputes arise.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Laws are written by the legislative branch, enforced by the executive branch, and resolved by the judicial branch.

The Supreme Court does not have the power to create law. It can only review law and determine if it is Constitutional when disputes arise.

Have the Supreme's looked at the Patriot Act yet?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have the Supreme's looked at the Patriot Act yet?

Humanitarian Law Project v. Holder (09-89) deals with whether or not 18 U.S.C. 2339B(a)(1), which prohibits providing certain types of aid to known terrorist organizations, violates the First and Fifth Amendments by restricting political speech and including overly vague provisions.

There has not been a decision yet, but oral arguments were heard back in February or March.

In 2003, we had Muslim Community Ass'n of Ann Arbor, et al. v. Ashcroft, which was filed by the ACLU, but no decision was made there either.

It challenged Section 215 of the PATRIOT Act, "which vastly expands the power of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”) to obtain records and... personal belongings, including “books, records, papers, documents, and other items,” directly from a person’s home... and can also order charities, political organizations, libraries, hospitals, Internet Service Providers, or indeed any person or entity to turn over the records or personal belongings of others."

By the way, the Left was VERY outspoken against Section 215, until they got power. Now, they support Section 215.

Ridgerunner

Marksman
Reaction score

That is what the Founders intended, all right.

That no doubt is what your law professors told you, all right.

No doubt you actually believe that.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is what the Founders intended, all right.

That no doubt is what your law professors told you, all right.

No doubt you actually believe that.

The Supreme Court was practically neutered until the Marshall Court. While I don't agree with all of the rulings from that era, I agree with the establishment of the process of judicial review.

I beg you to show me one case where the Supreme Court created law.

By the way, in what area of law do you believe I practice?

Ridgerunner

Marksman
Reaction score
Forced busing.

The most recent..they have created a law that allows government to restrict weapons...and did so out of whole cloth.

Oh..the lawyer part ? Even if you are only a sea lawyer...or Philadelphia lawyer..your eagerness to uphold the 'sanctity' of a group of people determined to tear down every aspect of freedom for the common man...for the benefit of the elites...is telling.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forced busing.

Really? The Court did not create a busing law. They upheld in Swann v. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education (1971) that the busing plan of the Board of Education was a constitutionally acceptable way of desegregating public schools.

The most recent..they have created a law that allows government to restrict weapons...and did so out of whole cloth.

Which law? You keep making this statement, but cannot provide sources. I can at least provide sources to back up my argument.

Oh..the lawyer part ? Even if you are only a sea lawyer...or Philadelphia lawyer..your eagerness to uphold the 'sanctity' of a group of people determined to tear down every aspect of freedom for the common man...for the benefit of the elites...is telling.

I'm an autodidact according to some. I've been called much worse than a sea lawyer.

So your beef is with the Supreme Court? My beef is with the two major parties that are nothing more than a sham to distract the American People while both of them proceed to tear down every aspect of freedom for the common man for the benefit of the elites using slightly different methods that arrive at the same destination. One who unyieldingly supports either of those groups while proclaiming to support freedom is a hypocrite.

Latest posts

Top Bottom