Are you a gun controller ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To regulate means to make regular.
Now...

But in 1783 it meant well equipped and trained when refering to a militia. Thus since militia troops were expected to supply their own arms it makes perfect sense in that context to use "a well regulated milita, being necessary to the security of a free state" as a lead in to the not be infringed part. If the people couldn't keep and bear arms how in the heck could they have been expected to supply their own weapons when required to serve in the militia.

Ridgerunner

Marksman
Reaction score
Damn.

The Cato Institute would tear up your card.........

Michael Brown

Actually...in a functioning society...'crazy people'...those acting in a manner that endangers other people..would be restrained or shot by some armed citizen that happened to observe their dangerous behavior.

Allowing dangerous 'crazy' people to roam freely among the populace is...well...crazy.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stating that everyone should be able to own guns sounds good in theory but in the real world it doesn't work. The world is a complicated place and often requires complex laws or rules in which to protect the greater good. So the constitution says everyone should be allowed to have guns. So we should let convicted killers and sociopaths have and carry guns. Sure, but given the repeat offender rates and unstable nature of sociopaths that means innocent people are going to die at their hands unecessarily. How many people? Who knows but if you think that given guns to killers and sociopaths is a good idea then your just as crazy as they are.

I for one don't want my wife and kids going to walmart with a convicted killer carrying around an assualt rifle just because you think it's his right. For that matter I don't really want anyone carrying around an assualt rifle in walmart. Commen sense has to be applied to real life. A document that was written hundreds of years ago by some very smart people is a good thing to base your government on. But those people had no idea what the world would be like today. They were smart enough to know that when they formed this government. Thats why they us the ability to create new laws and change existing laws because they knew that the world changes and the laws governing the people have to change with them.

If I had to choose between some gun control or convicted killers being allowed to carry gun legally then I will gladly take some restrictions that will keep innocent people from being killed. What if it was your wife and kids were standing in front of a sociopath with an AR-16 at the checkout line? How would you feel then?

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not just convicted killers there are several other violent crimes. And there are alot of them walking the streets. I know that criminals can get guns if they really want to. I just don't think we should make it easier for them to get guns and allow them to carry them around openly.

Its not really the convicted criminals that would scare me. It's the sociopaths that can snap at any time without warning. But I guess the constitution says that all men are created equal so if you believe that then there aren't really any crazy people out there, just different people. So lets empty the nut houses and give them all guns as they walk out the door. It has to be right, the costitution says so.

Really, my only point is that broad generalizations like "the second amendment states that everyone should be allowed to own guns" sounds good in theory but don't actually work in the real world. The world is too complex of a place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom