Are you in favor of legalizing the sale and trade of wild game and game fish in the United States of America nationwide?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I just want to try a dove popper. I'm trying to find any and all legal means for taking mourning dove and venison into my possession so as not to offend the govt. "Game Gestapo".

No troll here, just a person hungry for wild game who can't go hunting for health reasons. I'm trying to explore all the means of getting this game into my own hands without getting into any trouble. By the same token, I don't want to die of food poisoning from something bad I ate.

You see, it's not like I can buy mourning dove or venison at Walmart. I'm an American taxpayer. The wild game is just as much mine as it yours.

Last edited:

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll make a long answer short……..under certain conditions YES it should be legal. In fact it ALREADY is legal under certain circumstances. The biggest and most well known one is Alligator meat. Less common and not really commercially harvested are “wild exotics” or ferals. Perfectly legal to harvest them and sell meat.

There are certain areas and species this could be expanded to albeit limited and I am not advocating opening all game species across the nation to “market hunting”.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
i mean if you really want it that bad get a blowgun.

or talk to the guy at the gunshows for a diy .22 suppressor kit.

there are 40,000,000 to 50,000,000 people living illegally in the us. if you want to kill a dove and eat it; you can.

Reactions: GC7

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
No, I just want to try a dove popper. I'm trying to find any and all legal means for taking mourning dove and venison into my possession so as not to offend the govt. "Game Gestapo".

No troll here, just a person hungry for wild game who can't go hunting for health reasons. I'm trying to explore all the means of getting this game into my own hands without getting into any trouble. By the same token, I don't want to die of food poisoning from something bad I ate.

You see, it's not like I can buy mourning dove or venison at Walmart. I'm an American taxpayer. The wild game is just as much mine as it yours.
You can get up to six deer per season if you do all the hunts plus one or two Holiday Antlerless (depending on zone). And you can get what, 15 dove per day during the season?

Unless you're 800lbs and have no legs, there's no reason you can't get to the woods. I'm 54, 100% D vet, and I get outside and into the woods and climb and walk as much as possible so I don't see why you can't.

There are markets in the states that cater to wild game and it's expensive...you can use the google machine. As far as your taxpayer comments, the caveat is that you have to pay fees and go acquire the game yourself. It's as much yours, IF YOU GO GET IT, as anyone else. You aren't entitled to anybody's catch no matter what you might think, which is what it seems you are insinuating.

Edit: I have several allotments handed down in our family and I have to deal with trespassers and poachers all the time doing the same thing as you would seem to like to. The "Game Gestapo" as you say are there to enforce wildlife management. They're way far away from being gestapo and without them and other hunters/conservationists, we wouldn't have anything because people like you would take it all.

Last edited:

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The "Game Gestapo" as you say are there to enforce wildlife management. They're way far away from being gestapo and without them and other hunters/conservationists, we wouldn't have anything because people like you would take it all.
yeah i don't believe this in the slightest. not knocking the state's wildlife program or anyone who works for it, just saying like.....most people are lazy and don't even buy food from the market and cook it. hell at this point *most people won't even leave their house for fast food, they pay someone else to deliver it*.

you will never convince me the animals exist in the wild for the taking *because* of the state. that's nonsense.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
yeah i don't believe this in the slightest. not knocking the state's wildlife program or anyone who works for it, just saying like.....most people are lazy and don't even buy food from the market and cook it. hell at this point *most people won't even leave their house for fast food, they pay someone else to deliver it*.

you will never convince me the animals exist in the wild for the taking *because* of the state. that's nonsense.
I'm not quite tracking here. Are you commenting on my comment? Or are you commenting on dude's Gestapo statement that I was commenting on? Trying to understand the "state" comment...are you stating that I said that? ----->you will never convince me the animals exist in the wild for the taking *because* of the state. that's nonsense.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
no, i think state enforcement of civil forfeiture isn't justifiable under the guise of "wildlife protection" using the argument of "these animals wouldn't exist in nature because of over hunting if not for state managed programs, ie taking all your stuff if you get caught feeding yourself".

that's bs, most people wouldn't bother hunting even if there were absolutely zero regulations because most people simply wouldn't bother hunting for their food period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom