Are you in favor of legalizing the sale and trade of wild game and game fish in the United States of America nationwide?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
no, i think state enforcement of civil forfeiture isn't justifiable under the guise of "wildlife protection" using the argument of "these animals wouldn't exist in nature because of over hunting if not for state managed programs, ie taking all your stuff if you get caught feeding yourself".

that's bs, most people wouldn't bother hunting even if there were absolutely zero regulations because most people simply wouldn't bother hunting for their food period.
Hmmm, I don't know where you got that from anything I said. Usually though, getting all your stuff taken for "feeding yourself" is what happens when you're poaching. If you aren't poaching, then you should be good. And, nobody said there wouldn't be animals for the taking if it wasn't for the state.

What's BS is the argument that because most people are too lazy to hunt, one should be allowed to take any game without regulations in todays world. We've been down this road in the plains and the west, which is the reason for wildlife management. But to reiterate, don't poach and you get to keep all your $h**, well at least don't get caught.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why or why not?

What if there was a provision that wild game (deer, moose, elk, salmon, abalone, dove, duck, etc.) had to pass some inspection by some government agency before a sport hunter or angler could legally transfer his lawfully-taken game or fish to another party in a sale or trade?

I suspect food safety issues are the main reason wild game sales and barter are outlawed in most jursidictions. The odd thing is many jurisdictions in the USA allow wild game to be presented to others as a free gift and without any meat inspection requirements.
NO, cause there would be no Crappie left in this state if I could buy it

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at the market hunting days you can wipe out a population faster than you think (what we need to do to these dang hogs) we do need seasons and regs they afford plenty of deer ,birds etc. to feed your family just during hunting legal seasons. i fed my wife and kids for years on ducks and deer we didn't have to buy meet unless we just wanted to. with that said i would not blame someone for killing a deer or anything if they were legitimately starving.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If any person has never tried eating a mourning dove, what is he really missing anyway? I'm 57 and have yet to even touch the feathers of such bird. Why in the devil can't these birds just be farmed and commercially sold like chickens and Cornish game hens? I see mourning doves perched on telephone wires in my backyard all the time. If I were to start popping them off the wires and lampposts with a pellet gun, I might get a ride in a local police car courtesy Lawton taxpayers.

Last edited:

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If any person has never tried eating a mourning dove, what is he really missing anyway? I'm 57 and have yet to even touch the feathers of such bird. Why in the devil can't these birds just be farmed and commercially sold like chickens and Cornish game hens? I see mourning doves perched on telephone wires in my backyard all the time. If I were to start popping them off the wires and lampposts with a pellet gun, I might get a ride in a local police car courtesy Lawton taxpayers.

So you blast birds on there Perch? Shoot ducks on the water…. Where’s a game warden when you need them? I think that would wipe out a species, try hitting them going full speed it’s called hunting but i get your point, that’s like poaching though IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom