Arizona lawmaker proposes $30 million U.S.-Mexico border 'virtual fence'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shortening the border would make more sense, if the politics could be taken out of the equation. Most of the illegal immigration comes from this very border. Their border to the south is very small. If they ever wanted to unify with the US, I think we ought to consider it for this very reason.

Because unifying with a population of predominantly poor, unskilled, and potentially very dependent people would be a good trade-off for having a smaller border with Guatemala.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because unifying with a population of predominantly poor, unskilled, and potentially very dependent people would be a good trade-off for having a smaller border with Guatemala.

Well, if you want to put it that way, yes. But that is looking at it with a very cold assessment.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, if you want to put it that way, yes. But that is looking at it with a very cold assessment.

I think it's past time to look at it coldly. My comment about the Apaches and Comanches wasn't tongue-in-cheek. They did whatever they had to do to preserve their tribe, and their way of life, period.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think it's past time to look at it coldly. My comment about the Apaches and Comanches wasn't tongue-in-cheek. They did whatever they had to do to preserve their tribe, and their way of life, period.

Yep....didnt work out very good for them either, they lost the entire southwest.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Be reasonable, Ted. The border is just too darned big and needs to be shortened. 1/2 of Mexico is already in US possession. They constitute the largest immigrant group entering the US. It's not going to stop - ever. If the NAFTA thing were to ever lead to a unification of the three countries of North America, this would shrink our border tremendously. Look at it as a dilemma in the literal sense; you've got two bad choices, which one do you make? A: Keep the border as it is, or B: Shrink it.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shortening the border would make more sense, if the politics could be taken out of the equation. Most of the illegal immigration comes from this very border. Their border to the south is very small. If they ever wanted to unify with the US, I think we ought to consider it for this very reason.

I agree with you. Lets shorten our border. Lets build that fence along Oklahomas southern and western border and give Texas, Arizona, NM, Nevada, Utah and sout

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be reasonable, Ted. The border is just too darned big and needs to be shortened. 1/2 of Mexico is already in US possession. They constitute the largest immigrant group entering the US. It's not going to stop - ever. If the NAFTA thing were to ever lead to a unification of the three countries of North America, this would shrink our border tremendously. Look at it as a dilemma in the literal sense; you've got two bad choices, which one do you make? A: Keep the border as it is, or B: Shrink it.

So your solution is to surrender?

Latest posts

Top Bottom