Arizona non resident CC permit online training course and permit application

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://arizonaconcealedcarry.com/

This cant be legal, or is it? I ran across this on Facebook today. You watch their 'training course' video, you then take a 'test', and then you can send in your application, along with $79, and either be mailed a CC certificate or you can download it to your Email and have it instantly. Their reciprocity includes Oklahoma. This cant be for real.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why pay them for their "course" ???
Arizona accepts LOTS of things for proof of firearms competency:

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety or that uses instructors who are certified by the national rifle association.

2. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

3. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

5. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

7. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

8. Completion of any other firearms safety or training course or class that is conducted by a department of public safety approved or national rifle association certified firearms instructor.
http://www.azdps.gov/Links/ARS/?l=13/03112.htm

You most likely have one or more of the above already.

P.S. Oklahoma recognizes ALL state issued carry licenses, plus recognizes carry by people from states that do not require a license to carry. You can't carry in OK without a carry license, but an adult tourist from Vermont CAN.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO there is much more to this process or responsibility than having a piece of paper - "license". At the least, learn the five conditions that have to be present (or proven to the DA or court proceedings) that allow you to legally display, brandish, point, or shoot your gun.

Learn that it is a felony to point you gun at someone for humor, prank, posturing, or threating.

One thing I will tell you is that when your are charged for a misdameanor or felony for use of your gun, even if you are in the right, it can be very expensive to defend the charge. Felony retainers start around $5000. Felony bond is usually around $100,000 so 10% of that is $10,000 paid to the bails bondsman to get out of jail. You never get that $10,000 back.

My point is that carrying a gun on your person or in your car is a large responsibility. That gun effects everyone in your family. To spend the smallest amount of money and/or time to obtain a license may not be the best decison in the long run.

Regarding the legal use of you gun in your home, car, dwelling, or a business per the OKLAHOMA Self Defense Act is reason enough to take the OK class and get an OK license.

My advice is to learn as much as you can about your responsibilites and rights and how the Self Defense Act will be used to judge whether your use of a gun is lawful or not. One day in a real course for $50 - $60 is not a lot of effort to learn the law.

In my class I teach beginners the fundamentals of grip, stance, sight picture, incorrect grips (which has saved a lot of people from injuries), and how to operate a gun. If you are new to guns learn something about them and how to operate and shoot them verses getting a license the easiest way possible. It may well keep you out of prison if you ever have to use a gun for self defense.

Let me tell you a quick story. A student brought his glock to class. I teach the students how to operate their gun and go to the range and teach them how to shoot their guns. Anyway, I was teaching the students how to lock the slide back using the slide lock. The student sees me do this with his gun and says, "I have owned that gun for 20 years and never knew how to do that. I am glad you tought me how that worked." Before class, this man told me that he was not a beginner and had shot his gun for over 20 years, and was well versed in how to operate it. I believe he benefited by attending a class where learning gun operating and range qualification is required.

Let me get this straight. Obtain an Arizona license by learning what Arizona wants to teach you about using a gun for self defense, then use the reciprocity agreement to carry in OK. Then, if you ever have to use the gun you will be judged by the District Attorney and possibly a judge and jury by OKLAHOMA law. Does this make sense? Why not learn OKLAHOMA law and do it right?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO there is much more to this process or responsibility than having a piece of paper - "license". At the least, learn the five conditions that have to be present (or proven to the DA or court proceedings) that allow you to legally display, brandish, point, or shoot your gun.

Learn that it is a felony to point you gun at someone for humor, prank, posturing, or threating.

One thing I will tell you is that when your are charged for a misdameanor or felony for use of your gun, even if you are in the right, it can be very expensive to defend the charge. Felony retainers start around $5000. Felony bond is usually around $100,000 so 10% of that is $10,000 paid to the bails bondsman to get out of jail. You never get that $10,000 back.

My point is that carrying a gun on your person or in your car is a large responsibility. That gun effects everyone in your family. To spend the smallest amount of money and/or time to obtain a license may not be the best decison in the long run.

Regarding the legal use of you gun in your home, car, dwelling, or a business per the OKLAHOMA Self Defense Act is reason enough to take the OK class and get an OK license.

My advice is to learn as much as you can about your responsibilites and rights and how the Self Defense Act will be used to judge whether your use of a gun is lawful or not. One day in a real course for $50 - $60 is not a lot of effort to learn the law.

In my class I teach beginners the fundamentals of grip, stance, sight picture, incorrect grips (which has saved a lot of people from injuries), and how to operate a gun. If you are new to guns learn something about them and how to operate and shoot them verses getting a license the easiest way possible. It may well keep you out of prison if you ever have to use a gun for self defense.

Let me tell you a quick story. A student brought his glock to class. I teach the students how to operate their gun and go to the range and teach them how to shoot their guns. Anyway, I was teaching the students how to lock the slide back using the slide lock. The student sees me do this with his gun and says, "I have owned that gun for 20 years and never knew how to do that. I am glad you tought me how that worked." Before class, this man told me that he was not a beginner and had shot his gun for over 20 years, and was well versed in how to operate it. I believe he benefited by attending a class where learning gun operating and range qualification is required.

Let me get this straight. Obtain an Arizona license by learning what Arizona wants to teach you about using a gun for self defense, then use the reciprocity agreement to carry in OK. Then, if you ever have to use the gun you will be judged by the District Attorney and possibly a judge and jury by OKLAHOMA law. Does this make sense? Why not learn OKLAHOMA law and do it right?

Sounds like you're trying to drum up some business for your training class? Why is a permit even required for concealed carry? If the backwoods, last frontier, State of Alaska can trust it's citizens to carry concealed without a permit why can't Oklahoma??????

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive had a permit to CC in the last 3 states Ive lived in since it became legal in the first place and 2 of those states had the most amount of redtape and hoops to jump thru than anywhere else Ive been in the US. Oklahoma though was pretty simple and didnt even take me but about 70 days to get my first here when I first moved back here. But getting one over the internet, it just seemed a lil weird.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well ProBusiness most of what you say you teach in your class wasn't even talked about when I took my class 10 years ago. How have I made it this long......

That is not really factual. The OK Self Defense Act of 2004 is pretty much the same as the OK Self Def Act of 2014. There have been some changes though.

1. Open carry or concealed carry - your choice
2. Notification to officer at 'first opportunity' instead of immediately upon contact with LEO.
3. Provision for a person with a protective order to obtain an temp handgun license immediately without charge while their perm license is being processed.
4. Clarification/statue change of what happens if you enter a store with a gun and walk past a gun buster sign.
5. You can carry on your land without a license.
6. If open carrying - if asked by a LEO for your license you must produce your license.

this is all i can think of off the top of my head, but the guts of the law is pretty much the same.

What specifically are you referring to that I mentioned was not in the law in 2004?

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you're trying to drum up some business for your training class? Why is a permit even required for concealed carry? If the backwoods, last frontier, State of Alaska can trust it's citizens to carry concealed without a permit why can't Oklahoma??????

Yes, I am trying to inform people to learn the OK Self Defense Law, the law that will determine if they acted legally or illegally if they ever have to use a gun as opposed to learning the law of another state. The 'law' portion of the OKlahoma course is 4 hours, the safety module is about 2.0 hours, the test is about 30 minutes, and the range qualificaiton is about 1 to 1.5 hours depending on how many are in the class.

If you want people to supplant this training and knowledge with a 3 hour course without any handgun training, then this is your right.

To be honest, and this is not personal, I don't think you have the experience or knowlege to understand the lack of knowledge and lack of basic handgun safety skills of the majority of people taking this course. Very little.

And understand, those people that you want to get a license without any training or understanding of how to shoot a gun, might be the person that shoots a love one of yours because they do not know any better.

Then won't you be the one asking how can this happen, how can a person that does not even know that bullets go thru cardboard, just killed someone you love.

If you know guns, then that is one thing, but a large part of the people taking this course have NEVER even shot a gun. And NO ONE in their family has ever owned a gun to teach them the basics. That is the dynamics we are looking at. The times are a changing.

Regarding Alaska, I may be wrong, but I am thinking a lot of people that live in Alaska are outdoor people or have friends or relatives that own and know guns to pass on knowlege to them. That is hot the case in Tulsa, OK.

I remember when I grew up in Broken Arrow in the 1960s, there were a lot of quail hunters, duck hunters, even parie chicken, dove and other hunting. Heck we took our shotguns to school in our cars. A lot of farming. It was not uncommon for a person to be trained in firearm safety by a member of their family. Times have changes and this is not the case anymore.

What do you suggest?

Respectfully.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is not really factual. The OK Self Defense Act of 2004 is pretty much the same as the OK Self Def Act of 2014. There have been some changes though.

1. Open carry or concealed carry - your choice
2. Notification to officer at 'first opportunity' instead of immediately upon contact with LEO.
3. Provision for a person with a protective order to obtain an temp handgun license immediately without charge while their perm license is being processed.
4. Clarification/statue change of what happens if you enter a store with a gun and walk past a gun buster sign.
5. You can carry on your land without a license.
6. If open carrying - if asked by a LEO for your license you must produce your license.

this is all i can think of off the top of my head, but the guts of the law is pretty much the same.

What specifically are you referring to that I mentioned was not in the law in 2004?

Sir , do you have a link to the SDA for that. Thank You

Latest posts

Top Bottom