Arizona non resident CC permit online training course and permit application

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sir , do you have a link to the SDA for that. Thank You

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69791

Title 21 said:
The person shall be required to have possession of his or her valid handgun license and a valid Oklahoma driver license or an Oklahoma State photo identification at all times when in possession of an authorized pistol. The person shall display the handgun license on demand of a law enforcement officer; provided, however, that in the absence of reasonable and articulable suspicion of other criminal activity, an individual carrying an unconcealed or concealed handgun shall not be disarmed or physically restrained unless the individual fails to display a valid handgun license in response to that demand. Any violation of the provisions of this subsection may be punishable as a criminal offense as authorized by Section 1272 of this title or pursuant to any other applicable provision of law. Any second or subsequent violation of the provisions of this subsection shall be grounds for the Bureau to suspend the handgun license for a period of six (6) months, in addition to any other penalty imposed.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does AZ non-resident get you reciprocity with Nevada? If so I might get one.

Nevada does not list it as one of their criteria for recognition of another state, but they have systematically dropped EVERY STATE THAT ISSUED NON-RESIDENT LICENSES.

Which raises in my mind why they don't recognize Oklahoma, which appears to meet all their criteria, but they don't recognize ours. Nevada is weird in that they ignore their own reciprocal criteria and let their Sheriff's association vote on it.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sir , do you have a link to the SDA for that. Thank You

The changes that I mentioned are now 'contained and part of the current OKLAHOMA SDA'.

There is no overall list of 'changes made' to the SDA since a certain date (that I am aware of). Changes to the SDA go into effect on Nov 1 in the year they become effective/law.

For instance, there will be changes this Nov 1, 2014, among others, that will allow a handgun in pursuant of the OK Handgun License (which means chamber and mag loaded I believe) to be stored in an unattended locked car parked on Public School Property, which before Nov 1, 2014 and right now is a felony crime and $5000 a fine.

Just one example: I have not taken the AZ class. I am suspect, that it will teach you that you can keep a handgun in an unattended locked car on Public School Property after 11/1/14 because this is recently changed OKLAHOMA law. My point again is that is pays to take the course that teaches you the law of the state in which you live and will do the majority of your carrying even what OK law says about a gun in your home and your rights in your home are paramount.

IMO, it even pays to take the course from a OKLAHOMA instructor that is updated by the state when new laws go into effect and takes time to vet that what is being taught is in accordance with OK law.

Measure HB 2614

Reference:

I did some checking on a law which will allow anyone to have a weapon inside their auto while on school grounds. HB2614 signed by Gov. Fallen on 513.14.

CONFERENCE COMMITTEE REPORT SUMMARY

Measure HB 2614

Principal Authors: Representative Martin, Steve

Senator Treat

General Subject Matter: Crimes and Punishments

General Description of Major Differences between the current report and the version last seen and voted on in the House and the sections in which such differences are located:

√ Changes from engrossed House measure which were made in the Senate and contained in conference committee report/substitute (applies only to House measures):

None

√ Changes made in conference:

Deleted engrossed language and added a new section 1 and 2:

New Section 1 excludes from the lists of property that a handgun is prohibited any property set aside by a public or private elementary or secondary school for the use or parking of any vehicle, provided the handgun is stored and hidden from view in a locked motor vehicle when the vehicle is unattended. The measure removes the $250 administrative fine associated with violations. Provides a definition of motor vehicle for this section to mean any automobile, truck, minivan or sports utility vehicle.

New Section 2 of the measure allows handguns carried pursuant to a valid handgun license to be carried in a motor vehicle on property set aside for the use or parking of a motor vehicle, provided the handgun is stored and hidden from view in a locked motor vehicle when the vehicle is unattended. The penalty for violations of this section is reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $250.

Date Prepared: Brad Wolgamott

If it has been a while since you took the course, come take if from me on the house.

Respectfully.

Last edited:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite, if I'm up that way I'll stop and visit.. ;)

Im all for training, for everyone. It is a continueing process.

My thinking was AZ license to cover for renewing OK lic, so dont have to worry about When it gets back on renewal.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is not really factual. The OK Self Defense Act of 2004 is pretty much the same as the OK Self Def Act of 2014. There have been some changes though.

1. Open carry or concealed carry - your choice
2. Notification to officer at 'first opportunity' instead of immediately upon contact with LEO.
3. Provision for a person with a protective order to obtain an temp handgun license immediately without charge while their perm license is being processed.
4. Clarification/statue change of what happens if you enter a store with a gun and walk past a gun buster sign.
5. You can carry on your land without a license.
6. If open carrying - if asked by a LEO for your license you must produce your license.

this is all i can think of off the top of my head, but the guts of the law is pretty much the same.

What specifically are you referring to that I mentioned was not in the law in 2004?

Im not saying it wasn't in the law at the time. Im just saying the instructor I had just skimmed the basics.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not saying it wasn't in the law at the time. Im just saying the instructor I had just skimmed the basics.

Theres just not enough time to go into detail in a ..?6 hour class.

Plus go over safety, some scenerios, other info.

Thats why its a continueing education, reloads, malfunctions, more scenarios....then actually shooting.

You get what >>50 rounds to prove competance??

Now, I'm not all about making a living teaching this stuff, if you can teach.

Nor am I about more laws, its something We should teach each other.

Thats just me... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom