As national public outcry increases, LAPD to re-train all officers in 'de-escalation'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next time, quote the whole passage in context. Here, I'll do it for you, and this time, I'll put something different in bold to show you the important bit you chose to ignore:

In a consensual stop, the person stopped has every right to terminate the encounter; in the state of Washington, he can even tell you to "go f*ck yourself," and you can't do anything about it.

Your attitude is exactly the one I had in mind in posting the article. Yes, of course you can still intervene in a violent crime; suggesting otherwise is either being intellectually dishonest or just plain stupid (my money's on the former). This is about A) avoiding force where it can reasonably be avoided, and B) remembering that "contempt of cop" is not a crime.

Well thank you for posting this for me and others of my mindset. Your thoughtfulness and humility are beyond measure Dave.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This whole thread relates to a very good book that I'm reading called "Rise of the Warrior Cop" that points out that political rhetoric about "wars" on drugs and crime have led to police departments becoming the type of standing military force charged with law enforcement that our forefathers feared and wrote several Constitutional amendments to protect against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This whole thread relates to a very good book that I'm reading called "Rise of the Warrior Cop" that points out that political rhetoric about "wars" on drugs and crime have led to police departments becoming the type of standing military force charged with law enforcement that our forefathers feared and wrote several Constitutional amendments to protect against.

I read that book years ago. Excellent read.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't it though? It's amazing how long politicians have been selling lies and fear in order to win elections and consolidate power in a central government. It's equally amazing that people keep falling for it. I'm afraid we're becoming a nation of pansies.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't it though? It's amazing how long politicians have been selling lies and fear in order to win elections and consolidate power in a central government. It's equally amazing that people keep falling for it. I'm afraid we're becoming a nation of pansies.

And now you have Fallin and the Commissioner of DPS wanting to consolidate all state LEO agencies under DPS for more centralized power. It sure worked out great with the IT consolidation.:rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom