At least somebody gets it now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A police officer patrolling the halls would be fine. An armed teacher that goes berserk because moesha and shaquia won't shut up and pulls a gun and shoots them is not fine. Teachers in class can't stop an intrusion, a patrolling officer can.
Although I understand your thought on a teacher going ape and shooting students, I disagree with you. Why couldn't a legally armed teacher stop an intruding criminal? No doubt a policeman could do it better but I know that a teacher who is armed could do it to. I believe it is a good idea to let legally armed teachers carry in our schools. Say I was a teacher, which I almost was but changed my major, why wouldn't someone want me to carry in our schools? I am legally licensed in this state to carry and have extensive knowledge about firearms. But either way we need more armed guards in schools. Or in some cases we just need armed guards. Until then, no school will be safe.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A police officer patrolling the halls would be fine. An armed teacher that goes berserk because moesha and shaquia won't shut up and pulls a gun and shoots them is not fine. Teachers in class can't stop an intrusion, a patrolling officer can.

Wouldn't the same teacher stab them with a knife or choke them with his hands or bludgeon them with a heavy object?

Any adult who already has a concealed carry permit should be allowed to carry concealed in a public school IMO. The irrational fear of people losing their temper and going berzerk because they are carrying a firearm is what is costing us lives by supporting the idea of gun-free zones.. Responsible adults can be trusted with firearms in public schools, universities, libraries, city council meetings etc. IMO.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rawhide made me realize i didn't make much sense before. Thank you sir. If a teacher wants to carry they should be able to as well as parents. If the school is not going to have guards though, maybe some teachers should be trained to actively pursue the threat and end it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom