ATF Business Idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is really just for amusement,

You've all seen the T-shirts that say "Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms shouldn't be a government agency it should be a convenience store" or something to that effect.

Just for the sake of argument, who all would shop at a store (called A.T.F. of course) where one wall was dedicated to gun sales, another was a dominated by a humidor of fine cigars and pipe tobaccos, and yet another dominated by a large beer cave and decent liquor selection?

Viable business idea?

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know I've heard this before and it's probably wrong but I've been told that it's illegal to sell firearms and alcohol on the same premise. Is that true?

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I've heard this before and it's probably wrong but I've been told that it's illegal to sell firearms and alcohol on the same premise. Is that true?

I honestly don't know. I know I don't have a personal problem with it as long as no customer is being served alcohol or is under the influence of it. Perhaps JB will stop by with a legal answer...my quick google search didn't produce any fast and easy results and I'm feeling fairly intellectually lazy tonight.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If memory serves, Oklahoma forbids liquor stores from selling any non-alcoholic products. I suspect that "guns" and "tobacco" fall into the "non-alcoholic" category. Another, freer, state, maybe.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, there it is:

§37-534. Package store license.
A. No package store license shall be issued for premises unless said premises are separated from premises on which any other goods, wares or merchandise are sold or services are rendered by nontransparent walls which may be broken by a passageway to which the public is not admitted. Provided, it shall be unlawful for any person or persons to take any alcoholic beverage from such store through said passageway for the purpose of selling, reselling, or delivering in connection with the sale of said alcoholic beverage. [emphasis mine]

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I had a fantasy about a "man-mall" one time. It's a similar idea. Imagine, a mall full of man stores. Tool stores, places that sell machine equipment, gun stores, beer/liquor stores, electronic stores, performance car part stores, hunting stores. Instead of Macy's or Dillards at one end, it could be a bass pro or cabelas. I could go all day on the idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom