Got into an argument with a business owner...<sigh>

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know... people may not acknowledge that you're right, right away... they frequently bluster and argue and come up with excuses when you prove them wrong... but later, after the emotion is removed from the situation, they may recognize deep down that you're right... they just couldn't admit it to you because of ego. If they have a rational bone in their bodies at least. Not a fair assumption by any means, but just because someone doesn't immediately acknowledge your superior knowledge and beg for your forgiveness doesn't mean you didn't change his mind.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol ... when I was a single mom I went to Cable Kia to buy a new car. I'm sure the salesman, who saw me get out of my 1977 Plymouth Volare, with 3 teenage boys in tow, thought I didn't have a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out of. He wouldn't even walk out to the lot to show me the car I was interested in.

I went to the new Kia dealership in Edmond, found a salesman who was nice and bought a brand spanking new Kia Sephia from him.

Got in my new Kia, drove straight to Cable and asked to speak to the General Manager. Told him my story, pointed to my car and said "if I need any warranty work I'll be sure to make sure your garage gets to do it ..." :P

I wasn't even out the door of the showroom before he was on the PA system calling that salesman to the office ... :rotflmao:

I say spend a month's salary with the local competition and take him the receipt ... with a copy of the statute ... :P

Merc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm actually in agreement with the liquor store. The law states you CAN carry into an establishment that sells low point beer and alcoholic drinks IF that's not their primary items being served/sold:

a person
possessing a valid handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act may carry the
concealed or unconcealed handgun into any restaurant or other establishment licensed to dispense low-point
beer or alcoholic beverages where the sale of low-point beer or alcoholic beverages does not constitute the
primary purpose of the business.

Provided further, nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any peace officer in actual physical

Liquor store primary purpose is to sell alcohol only. Thoughts? I wouldn't have walked in OC to begin with because of liquor stores experiencing high rates of robbery....you spooked them

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A retail liquor store, or package store as called in the OK statutes, is not authorized to dispense only sell alcoholic beverages. In contrast, a mix beverage licensee is allowed to sell and serve on alcoholic beverages for on premix consumption.

O.S. § said:
G. A package store license shall authorize the holder thereof: To purchase alcoholic beverages in retail containers with a capacity of more than one-twentieth (1/20) gallon from the holder of a brewer, wholesaler or Class B wholesaler license and to purchase wine produced at a winery in this state from an Oklahoma winemaker and to sell same on the licensed premises in such containers to consumers for off-premises consumption only and not for resale; provided, wine may be sold to charitable organizations that are holders of charitable auction licenses. All alcoholic beverages that are sold by a package store are to be sold at ordinary room temperature. No package store licensee may purchase or sell alcoholic beverages in retail containers with a capacity of less than one-twentieth (1/20) gallon.

H. A mixed beverage license shall authorize the holder thereof: To purchase alcoholic beverages in retail containers with a capacity of more than one-twentieth (1/20) gallon from the holder of a wholesaler or Class B wholesaler license or as specifically provided by law and to sell, offer for sale and possess mixed beverages for on-premises consumption only; provided, the holder of a mixed beverage license issued for an establishment which is also a restaurant may purchase wine produced at wineries in this state directly from an Oklahoma winemaker as provided in Section 3 of Article XXVIII of the Oklahoma Constitution.

Sales and service of mixed beverages by holders of mixed beverage licenses shall be limited to the licensed premises of the licensee unless the holder of the mixed beverage license also obtains a caterer license or a mixed beverage/caterer combination license. A mixed beverage license shall only be issued in counties of this state where the sale of alcoholic beverages by the individual drink for on-premises consumption has been authorized. A separate license shall be required for each place of business. No mixed beverage license shall be issued for any place of business functioning as a motion picture theater, as defined by Section 506 of this title.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm actually in agreement with the liquor store. The law states you CAN carry into an establishment that sells low point beer and alcoholic drinks IF that's not their primary items being served/sold:

a person
possessing a valid handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act may carry the
concealed or unconcealed handgun into any restaurant or other establishment licensed to dispense low-point
beer or alcoholic beverages where the sale of low-point beer or alcoholic beverages does not constitute the
primary purpose of the business.

Provided further, nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any peace officer in actual physical

Liquor store primary purpose is to sell alcohol only. Thoughts? I wouldn't have walked in OC to begin with because of liquor stores experiencing high rates of robbery....you spooked them

If you want to test your theory, go to a liquor store, buy a pint, crack it open and start drinking it right in front of them. I'm interested in seeing what happens. The law is referencing a bar, not a liquor store. Same thing with a bar. Buy a beer and try to walk out the door with it and see what happens. I OC at my liquor store all the time and have never had a problem.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thnx for the liquor store laws.

Ok, so reading this a package/liquor store can only sell, not dispense.

The law states a venue that "dispenses" alcohol that is not its primary purpose of the establishment, I.e., Outback, Chilis, etc., it is lawful to carry concealed or open.

A package/liquor store primary purpose is to sell alcohol and it's assorted mixed drink accessories isn't covered under the law to carry a weapon.....my interpretation as well as interpreted from a coworker who is an asst DA

If you notice in Oklahoma, when you go into a LIQUOR store that is ALL that they sell.
There are NO accessories for sale in a LIQUOR store in Oklahoma.
No straws, napkins, corkscrews, cups. NOTHING.
They are ONLY allowed to sell LIQUOR and WINE.
You should also see that they do NOT sell low point beer.
Same thing.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom