Got into an argument with a business owner...<sigh>

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh... I printed it off, but I decided it's really not worth my time, I don't think. People don't change. He obviously wasn't open to the truth, I don't think. Seemed to me at the time from his demeanor, his attitude, the way he handled it, all he wanted was an excuse to deny firearms - so, I'll oblige him and take my business elsewhere. There may not be a liquor store in town that will allow me to OC, but as of now, he is the only one I know of that is anti-gun at all.

So, I'll shop elsewhere. Matter of fact, I think I'll head to one of the other stores now... I need some grenadine, some bitters, some Midori, some whiskey, some Angry Orchard, some Fireball, some Kahlua... whatever. Cabinet needs restocked. Just not from his shop.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...So, I'll shop elsewhere. Matter of fact, I think I'll head to one of the other stores now... I need some grenadine, some bitters, some Midori, some whiskey, some Angry Orchard, some Fireball, some Kahlua... whatever. Cabinet needs restocked. Just not from his shop.

I would be inclined to pick up all these items, take them to his register, then explain how I've changed my mind. Explain, show him the law, and politely excuse myself letting him know I'm off to the other store.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh... I printed it off, but I decided it's really not worth my time, I don't think. People don't change. He obviously wasn't open to the truth, I don't think. Seemed to me at the time from his demeanor, his attitude, the way he handled it, all he wanted was an excuse to deny firearms - so, I'll oblige him and take my business elsewhere. There may not be a liquor store in town that will allow me to OC, but as of now, he is the only one I know of that is anti-gun at all.

So, I'll shop elsewhere. Matter of fact, I think I'll head to one of the other stores now... I need some grenadine, some bitters, some Midori, some whiskey, some Angry Orchard, some Fireball, some Kahlua... whatever. Cabinet needs restocked. Just not from his shop.

see now this is where you and I differ.... I would print it off.. nice and big...bring it to him.. read it to him... and video it.. and then post it... cause I am dick and would love nothing more than to piss him off more!.. then shop someplace else and make sure all my friends did too.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Showing the owner a receipt may be a good idea. I dunno. I am not sure if the guy I was talking to was the owner or just a clerk. No idea. But I just dropped a couple hundred at the liquor store across town, which isn't too unusual for me, with my Scotch tastes. Matter of fact, for a good part of last year I spent more on Scotch than on rent. Probably just a drop in the bucket to these bigwig liquor store owners, though, so what would they care.

Anyways... drinking my first-ever Long Island Iced Tea and caring less and less about that guy and his store policies with every sip.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think both you guys need to share a king size snickers bar! He read it wrong. So did I(im not a lawyer). Until seeing this thread I understood it as i cant carry where majority of their sales were alcohol/beer related. Take him a copy and read it over with him. If I made his mistake and a customer came back and clarified it, I would appreciate it. Or you could of just gave him the bird and told him to call the cops then in an evil voice say "I dare you"

Latest posts

Top Bottom