ATF (Obama) Reclassifies Wetted Nitrocellulose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the takeaway I get is that the manufacturers aren't going to be able to produce powder or primers. And they are retroactively in a state of non-compliance? :anyone:

Sounds about par for the course.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reader's digest version:

Leave it to the BATFE under the Obama Administration to potentially adversely impact the procurement of ammunition by the Defense Dept.

The real question is, should the BATFE be sold any ammunition EVER AGAIN? :mad:

I'm sure they'll do this for whoever they are procuring from....

Because of the diminished likelihood of wetted nitrocellulose exploding, “ATF will consider variance requests to store the wetted material under an alternative arrangement.”

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2016/08/atf...e-materials-under-federal-laws/#ixzz4Ir7nJeNE

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not taking any chances. I ordered four eight pounders from Powder Valley while they have it and before a price hike. If it's BS and nothing changes ,I'll shoot it up one day.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was in Walmart this afternoon. The shelves were stocked to the brim, with more ammo than I've seen them carry during the entire reign our our Dear Leader Barry Soetoro, with one exception, 22LR. Wasn't a .22 rimfire in the house...

Here in Poteau they don't even have a place on the shelf for .22 anymore. Everything else is there, but not a lick of .22.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think that the days of the resellers would be about at an end with other stores getting just about all they want. The banner at the top of the forum had I think it was cabella's selling unlimited .22 for a $12 or so flat shipping fee.
If you like Remmington .22 ammo. I and my guns don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom