Attacked at home by Angry Mob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdbush17

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://articles.philly.com/2011-09-27/news/30208589_1_white-teens-attackers-angry-mob

I can’t stop thinking about this; I don’t have a plan for repelling a mob at my door. You barricaded in your home and there is an angry or desperate mob breaking down the door what do you do?

I know, this is a gun forum “I grab my .30 cal rifle and …” Really could you fire a rifle in to a crowd? I’ve got my carry piece but it only holds 8 +1 rnds, is that enough?

Please, no comments about race.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they suddenly found themselves on the business end of my 12 gauge pump, they would have disassembled pretty fast I bet.
When they kicked the door down, there would have been lead flying If that were me.

okie_gunslinger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'd think that once the mob breached your doorway anything would go. In the article as many as 3 people entered his house with an intention to do harm. If he had started shooting at them I imagine any deaths or injuries resulting from the flying bullets making their way into the crowd or bystandards outside would be the legal responsibility of those 3 men who had originally breached the front door. As I understand it, if someone dies while your commiting a felony their death is on you whether your the one that killed them or not. Take for example a pair of men who try to rob a convenience store, if the person working at the store kills one of them in self defense, the dead theifs accomplice is on the hook for his partners death.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes but is the accomplice responsible for the stray bullet that kills the 13 yr old girl standing in the candy isle?

I agree that in the state of OK as soon as that door came down/open/in you could have put up a wall of lead and been just fine legally. Disparity of force, in this situation, you haz it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think if he had fired and a stray bullet killed some one that was still out on the porch, there would be no trial still. I don't think the DA would think twice about dismissing that. They all had pipes or bats and one had a gun, they obviously were there to do serious harm and they breached his front door. Game on....

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If it were me 12GA shot would have been going as fast as I could reload, once you breach into my home I will go to any length necessary to disable you and if that means lethal force to stop you from killing myself or my family then so be it. Especially if you have a group of friends outside to help you. From what happened in the article I would have been in my gun room loading and preparing and as soon as someone entered the house they would lose their life, it's as simple as that. If you enter someones home with a pipe, bat, or what have you and your intending on hurting them then you better expect some kind of force coming back. In a neighborhood it's probably not quite as cut and dry as if you live in the county like I do, if there were a stray bullet here then no harm except for maybe someone on the porch, the neighbors are close enough.

But I could see if you opened fire with a rifle in a residential area how badly that could turn out, but with a shotgun loaded with buckshot or birdshot then you have yourself a very effective means of dispersing the angry mob. Is it a situation I would ever want to be in? No but I know exactly what I would do in that instance and am very confident that a judge and jury would have a hard time putting you away for using lethal force on multiple attackers in your own home. Of course I live in Oklahoma not Pennsylvania

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes but is the accomplice responsible for the stray bullet that kills the 13 yr old girl standing in the candy isle?

I agree that in the state of OK as soon as that door came down/open/in you could have put up a wall of lead and been just fine legally. Disparity of force, in this situation, you haz it.

In Oklahoma they are. If a death occurs while someone is committing a crime, the criminal is charged.

Latest posts

Top Bottom