Attacked at home by Angry Mob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie_gunslinger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Oklahoma they are. If a death occurs while someone is committing a crime, the criminal is charged.

Pretty much this. It's something I think a lot of us don't want to think about but accidently killing an innocent in a self defense situation is a possibility whether it's a mob or a single burglar your shooting at. Shotguns and frangible ammo can help decrease the chance of overpenetration and such.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sounds to me that once inside the house he had plenty of time to lock and load. The first ones thru the door would have still been laying there when the cops arrived!

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually have thought about a situation somewhat like this - even though a mob like in the story is fairly unlikely, the possibility of an attempted home invasion with 3-5 people would not necessarily be unheard of around here.

The way my house is laid out, the front door is at the bottom of the stairs, so the plan would be to get everyone upstairs in the master bedroom and accounted for, then me and my son, on either side at the top of the stairs, cover the front door. Anyone who breaks through would be an easy target, and since we would be shooting down the stairs the backstop would be the hardwood floor of the entryway, so the risk of a stray bullet hitting an innocent bystander would be minimal.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They don't believe that the attack on LaVelle started as a racial incident, but believe that there was a racial element to it when the mob "called him a white mother------" and when the juvenile's mother allegedly threatened LaVelle.

Yeah, right.

I wouldn't live in a major liberal city for love nor money. If you did have to shoot someone in an incident like this one, you can bet your fanny that it would be a "racial incident" in the eyes of the press and the community. Even if you were 100% in the right, you'd be lucky to avoid prosecution in the name of appeasing the mob mentality. :(

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, right.

I wouldn't live in a major liberal city for love nor money. If you did have to shoot someone in an incident like this one, you can bet your fanny that it would be a "racial incident" in the eyes of the press and the community. Even if you were 100% in the right, you'd be lucky to avoid prosecution in the name of appeasing the mob mentality. :(

^^This...

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a mob tried to enter my home i'd wind up emptying 9 rounds of 00 buck into the ones who got in then i'm going for the HK33 and a couple 40 round mags loaded full.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They don't believe that the attack on LaVelle started as a racial incident, but believe that there was a racial element to it when the mob "called him a white mother------" and when the juvenile's mother allegedly threatened LaVelle.

...can't we all just get along? :fullauto:

Latest posts

Top Bottom