Attempted 2nd attempt on Trump rifle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here it is, not an SKS.
iz132model2stock4.jpg

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is what I am seeing also. SKS in a Monte carlo stock with a 30(?) round mag and a scope mounted to the dust cover. That is a bubbad spray and pray special. He would have needed some skill and a lot of luck to make an accurate shot with that thing.
And the news clips I read said 300 to 500 yards. Seems that's a stretch for that gun.

John Doe

Marksman
Reaction score
I have this thought about where Routh was depicted as hiding next to the 6th green. Trump would have been much closer to Routh on that 6th green as he would have come around off the 5th green. The shot Routh would have needed to take at trump on the 6th green would have been much shorter. I'm guessing that was his plan but it was foiled by that secret service agent already on the 6th green who spotted Routh's muzzle sticking through the fence and shot at it, scaring Routh off.

Kudos to that agent who fired at that muzzle sticking through the fence. Shoot now, ask questions later I always say.

Woody
That’s my understanding, too. Not that he was planning to shoot an SKS 400 yds, but he was setting up a shorter ambush.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree. The democrat puppet masters want someone they can control, and I don’t think Hillary fits that bill. They need someone to stupid to have an original thought, and though Hillary is a lot of things, dumb isn’t one of them.
I agree she is not dumb, but I don't consider her wise- she sure has been around the good ole boy/girl system a long time to know how to work it well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, a lot better choices for a rifle and cartridge.

He may have picked that rifle due to opportunity… meaning it was the only rifle he could get.
It was an SKS according to the FBI spokesman on TV today. You can buy a Ruger American bolt rifle cheaper in a much longer range and much more accurate caliber currently. (not so back in the day)
As a felon though he had to buy what he could off the street so your probably correct.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still a lot of unanswered questioned

He is from Hawaii, gun is illegal in Hawaii. He couldn't carry on plane.
He is felon, couldn't legally buy in Florida.
Serial number was obliterated, couldn't be sold legally.

Trump wasn't scheduled to be on golf course. Was a last minute change, very few knew about. ??????

Routh had to have help. Will he live long enough to talk?

Secret Service, FBI, DoJ investigating.
DeSantis says he wants a thorough investigation and the TRUTH, is ordering Florida Bureau to investigate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom