Atwoods selling firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The manager said that there would be 8 more stores selling firearms soon, eventually all stores will sell them. They had Glocks, Ruger, Savage, Henry that I could see, maybe others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if I could justify that as a farm-related purchase. ;) I could've gotten a bunch of damned gophers the other day if I'd had the .410 on the tractor with me...

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty cool, I've always liked Atwoods.

I remember Otasco, ("Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company" I think). I used tag along with my dad when he'd go and I was always amazed at all the different stuff they had. It's where my dad bought me my first shotgun (much to my mother's dismay lol), it was a little H&R Topper Jr. .410. I loved that little gun but, unfortunately, someone stole it. Still makes me sick to my stomach to think that little gun is somewhere out there where it shouldn't be. Had huge sentimental value to me since my father died the next year :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if I could justify that as a farm-related purchase. ;) I could've gotten a bunch of damned gophers the other day if I'd had the .410 on the tractor with me...

Yes you can
In fact if you buy a gun at BP and produce an ok farm tax card, they will knock off sales tax.

I was at the okc BP checking out at the gun counter a couple of years ago. Guy in front of me did just that.
I asked my tax accountant about that later. He said he has written off several for those that farm/ranch for varmint control.

He did caution against trying to write off a 2K$ Laurie tactical AR. Lol.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes you can
In fact if you buy a gun at BP and produce an ok farm tax card, they will knock off sales tax.

I was at the okc BP checking out at the gun counter a couple of years ago. Guy in front of me did just that.
I asked my tax accountant about that later. He said he has written off several for those that farm/ranch for varmint control.

He did caution against trying to write off a 2K$ Laurie tactical AR. Lol.

...but there are lots of varmints and they are very aggressive.

Any ar is a good farm gun. Hmmmm idea. I think I need me a Barrett .50 to take care of armadillos. It's justified.

@toehanus

tbudspires

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad bought me a Winchester 94 30-30 when I was a kid at the Otasco in Coffeyville, Ks. Gave $99 for it. That was a while back. Good for Atwoods. Love going in the Sapulpa store.

Greengiant

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are getting an Atwoods in Ponca City. Construction to start soon. Hope they have a gun counter, and offer wally world which will be down the street some completion for guns and ammo.

I haven't heard that yet, great news about time, I just hope they don't run out Brants and tractor supply doing it, we need them all IMO

Latest posts

Top Bottom