Baby back + Cookshack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glockadict

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my cookshack about 3 weeks ago, and I am loving it. I am going to cook my first brisket this weekend, any suggestion by the long time cookshack owners?

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got my cookshack about 3 weeks ago, and I am loving it. I am going to cook my first brisket this weekend, any suggestion by the long time cookshack owners?

I cook mine around 8 hours.

What I tell all cookshack owners is that you must try pork butt. It is probably the cheapest way to feed a family. You can buy an 8-10lb butt for around $10. Smoke it for around 24 hours, and it is some of the best meat! I eat it just plain off the smoker, but if you reheat later, use bbq sauce, as it dries out quickly.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm not a long time owner but have used mine quite a bit. First off what kind do you have? (does it have the integrated meat probe?)

And what kind of brisket did you get? (Whole untrimmed are best)

I cook them at 225 degrees until the internal temp in the flat is 195 degrees and pokes very tender. Then I will let it rest in a cooler for a couple of hours. If you want burnt ends take the point off, add a little more rub, sauce, and put it back into the smoker and take to a internal temp of about 205 degrees which will probably be another 3 or 4 hours.

I did one like this last weekend and it was great. Had more than one person tell me that it was the best they had ever eaten. And probably the most important thing is to keep the door closed for at least the first 2/3 of the smoke. Check out the Cook Shack forum. It's a fantastic resource.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
long time Hasty Bake fan here recently tried a stainless electric smoker ... pleasantly surprised they do a good job on ribs!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom