Banner canned sausage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys that eat that stuff are NASTY!!!

You can gig me all you want but my Coyote, Armadillo and Coon are way way way better.
Next coon I get I need to make Breakfast sausage and take it to Rick.
He will be trapping coons from then on.

If you learn to pressure can meat you will never need to buy canned "meat something".

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You can gig me all you want but my Coyote, Armadillo and Coon are way way way better.

If you learn to pressure can meat you will never need to buy canned "meat something".
How are my kids supposed to have any great stories about the time they ate nasty canned sausage while on a trout fishing trip if I don't get a few cans.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since eggs have protein… why would I want to add that stuff to it?
I’d rather add beans and salsa, bacon, and a million other things.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I have eaten coon. It is ok. Thing is I was looking for canned to add to my food stash. If the economy crashes there will be to many people hunting. I want a few canned meats to go with my other prep foods. Since I can not buy expensive stuff, I try what I can find. This was less than two bucks a can and would add a little flavor to powdered eggs. Not great but it would help.

Last edited:

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check out freeze dried sausage, sausage crumbles, scrambled egg mix, breakfast mixes, etc.

I've purchased some lately, some brands are Mountain House, NutriStore,, Augason Farms, Thrive, and more. You'll probably buy a #10 can for about $50 or so that should give you about 25 servings, so about a couple bucks per serving.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's fine stuff. Same meat gruel that is used to make spam, vienna sausages, underwood. Just a different ratio of grease/gelatins. It's a good way to use up most of the meat from slaughter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom