BBQ, any one hungry? Lets see the finished results......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You got love beef ribs...
BeefRibs.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't ever enjoyed beef ribs. How do you prep and smoke?

My method is to braise first in a skillet with oil to give some amazing color, then season and transfer to the smoker to finish at 250 degrees until the meat just starts to pull back from the bones. Rest under some paper towels to hold the heat for 15 minutes and reabsorb the juices, while having another beer, and then eat.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My method is to braise first in a skillet with oil to give some amazing color, then season and transfer to the smoker to finish at 250 degrees until the meat just starts to pull back from the bones. Rest under some paper towels to hold the heat for 15 minutes and reabsorb the juices, while having another beer, and then eat.

I'm going to buy some and try your method. If I don't enjoy, I'm calling you out publicly.

I've just never had the luck smoking beef like I do pork and chicken....other than a packers trim brisket which is next to impossible to screw up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to buy some and try your method. If I don't enjoy, I'm calling you out publicly.

I've just never had the luck smoking beef like I do pork and chicken....other than a packers trim brisket which is next to impossible to screw up.
The braising part is the secret. Add some Soy or Teriyaki if you like those flavors, or some Worcestershire. Infuse the oil with garlic, etc.
Hell, I've been called out publically more than anybody on this forum. Bring it on skinny boy!

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't ever enjoyed beef ribs. How do you prep and smoke?

Oh you need to try some, they are GREAT! I just season them up with my favorite BBQ rub and put them on the smoker, low and slow (around 225 degrees) until the bones pull out like in the picture. Then I glaze them with a favorite sauce I use (hint hint) and they are good to go!

Latest posts

Top Bottom