BBQ Grill Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. My propane grill of 15 years bit the dust. I MUST have a rotisserie on my new one, and I'm not picky on price. Just want the best, so I'm watching this thread.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy has a Chargriller "Akorn" komado style cooker for $500ish, maybe even less. It's not as solid as the Big Green Egg or Primo, but with a few tips and tricks (found on many bbq sites and YouTube), it'll function just fine.

If you can swing just a bit more, check out the Big Steel Keg, it's a stainless steel komado cooker that runs about $800. It gets fantastic reviews. Even comes with a trailer hitch attachment right out of the box.

Sent cleanly from my Mop n Glo bucket.

DT, I'm going to get one of these, I think. I'm going to wait for a sale though. They are $300 right now, which seems like a great deal anyway, but some forums say that Lowes has sales a couple of times a year and they are $200. I'm a newb on all things grilling and I think this will be ideal for me.

Sent from my meh, using my meh.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a char griller in the picture in post number 2. I got the optional smoke box as well. It does a pretty good OK job. With a dual thermometer addition I can get pretty decent results.

Since we are talking BBQ I learned a whole bunch for free at this site, you should check it out.
http://amazingribs.com/

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not know how much you will use it, but we cook on one everyday of the week. We are down to buying cheaper grills now. No matter what we spend, they last about two years. My dad will tell you how his grill has lasted him for ten years, but he only uses it on the weekends. It is nothing for us to cook 6-8 times on the grill over the weekend.
I know this is not the answer you wanted, but something to think about.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try and go with a Weber, and avoid all those gas grills that have lots of knobs..but don't cost much.
Cheap grills use substandard steel, and will rust out fairly quickly.

Also, research stainless steel..there's a difference in grades, with Weber using a top quality stainless,and cheap grills using another.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weber FTW.

Weber Kettles and are awesome charcoal grills, last for years and are well made as well as made in the USA.

Weber gas grills are awesome as well, and have a 10 year warranty on the burners and Weber will come to your house to take care of any warranty issues.

For the OPs price range a Weber 310 or 210 gas grill would fit or any of the weber kettles.

The new 310 and 210 have a option where you can pull out part of the grate and replace it with a pizza stone, cast iron skillet and several other options.

Latest posts

Top Bottom