BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered 3 of the new versions (with promises from Paul Bravo that they were designed to cut down on blowback) and still have a lot of blowback on my face from my can. I'm going to try the RVT on one and try the "gas vent" forward assist doohickey on my other AR.

The PRI gas buster, while expensive, is supposed to be a great choice. I mainly run my suppressor on a 10.5" piston upper with a gunfighter mod 4, with no blowback. There is also a homemade version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoMCQr7pJE

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The PRI gas buster, while expensive, is supposed to be a great choice. I mainly run my suppressor on a 10.5" piston upper with a gunfighter mod 4, with no blowback. There is also a homemade version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoMCQr7pJE

I have a PRI and it does nothing for me either. Maybe I'm just a big wus but I hate that gas blowing in my face. I haven't tried the rtv fix though. I also made my own PRI with a standard charging handle and a dremel tool. No dice.
I also hate the latch on the PRI. Why would they make it smooth? I need something with some traction.
So far the BCM GF is my favorite CH, I just need to do the rtv.

Oh and piston is definitely the way to go suppressed. The 3 piston guns I've shot were nice. A different kind of recoil, not bad just different. I didn't care for the extra weight from the piston rod but on a 10.5" gun it's probably not bad at all.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my BCM handle. I accidentally ordered the large latch, but it hasn't been much of an issue to me. I wanted the medium, but I got what I got. So much smoother feeling than a standard charging handle. Easier to operate with gloves on, that's the biggest thing to me.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a PRI and it does nothing for me either. Maybe I'm just a big wus but I hate that gas blowing in my face. I haven't tried the rtv fix though. I also made my own PRI with a standard charging handle and a dremel tool. No dice.
I also hate the latch on the PRI. Why would they make it smooth? I need something with some traction.

Oh and piston is definitely the way to go suppressed. The 3 piston guns I've shot were nice. A different kind of recoil, not bad just different. I didn't care for the extra weight from the piston rod but on a 10.5" gun it's probably not bad at all.

I never liked the look of the latch on the PRI, but figured for the price, it would do what it was supposed to do. That sucks. I originally had a 16" piston rifle, but didn't care for it. To be honest, I prefer DI on 12.5"+ rifles and piston for anything shorter than that.

To give you a reference, my 10.5" LWRC upper with proprietary 9" rail weighs roughly the same as my 14.5" upper with a 12" DD light rail. However, that 10.5" is a lot more maneuverable, obviously.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I get close to Zero blowback (10.5" with TAC16). Have you tried a Heavy buffer? I have one and I hear that it helps with blowback as well...

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just switched to a spikes t2 buffer but haven't shot shot with it. Doing that today. I am probably going to get an adjustable lo pro gas block and just set it up for running suppressed. I'm debating on going with a Noveske Switchblock on my 11.5" SBR once approved or running an adjustable lo pro and a longer rail. With what I want, it would be a little cheaper to not go with the switchblock but as I said, I hate blowback. The suppressor I have is supposed to be good for reducing blowback as its a reflex style can. Maybe I'm just a wimp. That's entirely possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom