Bday present for my son

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ultimately we will pick the one that best fits his hands but would like to know some about the reliability/accuracy of these possibilities:

Browning Buckmark*
Ruger MK11
S&W 22A
Walther P22q

*I have owned one for years and love the weapon. Has performed flawlessly for 20 years. My son has shot many rounds through it and likes it as well.)

Discuss

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd get him his own Buckmark. Every boy wants to be a little like his dad and if you already know he likes the pistol that makes it even easier.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have the P22. My 10 yr old likes the size and the fact that its digital camo. But it's short sight radius makes it a little harder to get on target. And it's picky on the type of ammo.

He likes my GSG 1911-22 more though.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Walther p 22, the grip is small which would be good for 10 year old, but it was really finicky about the ammo and would have a lot of issues when I took it to the range.

I sold it and replaced it with a Ruger mk iii and that gun has performed flawlessly for me since I bought it.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just called SSP, all the 22s I was looking at on their website have sold. The gal I spoke to said many of them were put on there just yesterday. Turn and burn the inventory. They change so quickly they are not taking your name and contacting you when a specific model comes in. I certainly understand. Just makes it tough to find what you are looking form I will deligiently keep looking. Although I like the S&W, I think we have somewhat narrowed it down to the Buckmark or MK11. My son likes the looks of those the best but has yet to handle the MK11.

Latest posts

Top Bottom