Before you spend $ on scent killer or something similar...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im not knocking any brands down or questioning their ability to do what they are designed to do but this may help you save money and IMO be more effective.

1) Take all hunting cloths and equipment (anything you take to the field) and put in a large, non scented trash bag.
2) Put leather gloves on and pull leaves from cedar in any size bag smaller than your equpment bag. (the more leave the better cover)
3) *optional* Put dirt of strong smell (generally not top soil) into another bag. Put it in your equipment bag.
4) Seal the equipment bag with the cedar and dirt bags inside.

In a few days you should have cheap cover scent that works very well.

Pretty simple just thought I would help. Time to kill deer gentlemen!

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is good advice...just be sure to keep those cedar limbs in their own bag! Once they start to dry they crumble into a million pieces and are a pain to get out of your clothes.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
stomp on a cow paddy on your way in works well

then wear a surplus full carbon suit (chemical warfare)
you can find em sealed in package for cheap ($30)
got several sets from cheaper than dirt

be sure not to get the type with loose carbon.
try to get the latest version and still be sealed
once activated carbon suit is opened, it absorbs everything.

tumble in dryer to reactivate, seal in a plastic trash bag.
then put away in tightly zippered bag

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I throw a couple of chunks of pine knots in my tubs that I keep my clothes in. I pulled them out from last year and they smell like a big ol pine tree.

+1 for stompin on cow piles. Yippie-ai-a... cow patty!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG ... when GC first moved in he had this tote. He said it was his "hunting gear". I got to nesting real good one day and he came home to find his stuff laying out on the front lawn with me taking a bottle of fabric freshener to it.

I was like OMG this stuff stinks ... He was mortified ...

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And he let you stick around after that??? That is grounds for divorce. Any girlfriend KNOWS not to even go in my huntin room, and especially not to launder anything camo.

OMG ... when GC first moved in he had this tote. He said it was his "hunting gear". I got to nesting real good one day and he came home to find his stuff laying out on the front lawn with me taking a bottle of fabric freshener to it.

I was like OMG this stuff stinks ... He was mortified ...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worse yet, have all of your hunting clothes/boots/knife, in a black plastic trash bag in the garage With cedar limbs inside, get taken out to the trash truck by the wife....
The day before season opener.....
There were some tense moments....
But she finally beat me into submission, and told me to quit whining and crying and go buy some new stuff:D

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worse yet, have all of your hunting clothes/boots/knife, in a black plastic trash bag in the garage With cedar limbs inside, get taken out to the trash truck by the wife....
The day before season opener.....
There were some tense moments....
But she finally beat me into submission, and told me to quit whining and crying and go buy some new stuff:D

Yikes!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom