Belt recommendations for holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear a 5.11 tactical 'operators' belt I got at a place on 61st just east of Garnett. It's basically a rigger's belt. Super stiff, the velcro that holds the flap over is very sticky, and the buckle is steel and holds very tight. Was $32 out the door after tax.

[Broken External Image]

I wear one of these pretty often as well. It's a great belt for the money.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how you dress... but most of my good Western belts are stout enough to support a steel 1911.

Something about those riggers belts, "fly fishing" and "photographer's" vests that screams "GUN" louder than a fanny pack to me...LOL

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how you dress... but most of my good Western belts are stout enough to support a steel 1911.

Something about those riggers belts, "fly fishing" and "photographer's" vests that screams "GUN" louder than a fanny pack to me...LOL

I could see how a rigger's belt could scream gun to some people. I wear shirts long enough you can't see my belt :)

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could see how a rigger's belt could scream gun to some people. I wear shirts long enough you can't see my belt :)

Exactly. That belt is worn for OWB carry only, therefore no one would see the belt. Any deep concealment, IWB carry, for me is with a nice leather belt and shirt tucked in with a Supertuck holster.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL... the way my prosperity folds over my jeans these days... I doubt you could see my belt anyway

You and me both ol' buddy. :rolleyes2

I wear a 5.11 tactical 'operators' belt I got at a place on 61st just east of Garnett. It's basically a rigger's belt. Super stiff, the velcro that holds the flap over is very sticky, and the buckle is steel and holds very tight. Was $32 out the door after tax.

[Broken External Image]

I wear one of these pretty often as well. It's a great belt for the money.

A lot of people have told me that these are just as good as the Widerness belts, and yeah, they might be.

But the 5.11s are imported where as the Wilderness belts are made in good ol' USA! :patriot:

Support American as much as possible boys and girls. I know it's harder than hell to do nowadays, but I try to every chance I get. I don't think there's a single article of clothing that is American made anymore, but things like sidearms, belts, holsters, etc are still being made in America. Let's keep it thataway.

Our forefathers died so we could live free. Let's don't trample on what they gave their lives for. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom