Ben Carson Suggests Holocaust Would Have Been Less Likely if Jews Were Armed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/ben-carson-suggests-holocaust-less-likely-jews-were-220504283.html

Republican candidate Ben Carson continued his controversial remarks about guns Thursday -- suggesting in a new interview that the Jews may have been able to diminish the likelihood of the Holocaust if they were armed.

Carson made the remarks, which drew swift condemnation -- on CNN. He said that passengers on Flight 93, which crashed on 9/11, helped avoid further tragedy by rushing the gunman.

In Carson's new book “A Perfect Union,” Carson writes that “through a combination of removing guns and disseminating propaganda, the Nazis were able to carry out their evil intentions with relatively little resistance.”

On CNN, Carson was asked: "But just to clarify, if there had been no gun control laws in Europe at that time, would 6 million Jews have been slaughtered?"

In response, the candidate suggested that Hitler may not have been as effective in carrying out his plot if the victims were armed.

“I think the likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed,” Carson said. “I’m telling you there is a reason these dictatorial people take guns first."

The comments drew a swift response from the Anti-Defamation League.

“Ben Carson has a right to his views on gun control, but the notion that Hitler’s gun-control policy contributed to the Holocaust is historically inaccurate," said Jonathan Greenblatt, National Director of the organization. "The small number of personal firearms available to Germany’s Jews in 1938 could in no way have stopped the totalitarian power of the Nazi German state."

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carson is going to catch heavy liberal flack on the comment but he is partially correct in my opinion. Hitler confiscated guns, Bibles and other books of literature that he felt offensive. Had the Jews had weapons, many of those that died would have been alive at the end of WWII because they at least would have been able to put up a defense. But with the confiscation of arms Hitler's troops ran roughshod over the Jewish communities and the rest is deplorable history.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His point is still valid no matter how it was. And yes Hitler did confiscate guns.

In 1931, Weimar authorities discovered plans for a Nazi takeover in which Jews would be denied food and persons refusing to surrender their guns within 24 hours would be executed. They were written by Werner Best, a future Gestapo official. In reaction to such threats, the government authorized the registration of all firearms and the confiscation thereof, if required for “public safety.” The interior minister warned that the records must not fall into the hands of any extremist group.

Source

Carson is taking incredible amounts of flak. The liberal bleeding hearts evidently don't like a black who is conservative, polling very well, a freaking brain surgeon, and who fights back with logic. So much for the tolerance they like to demand from others huh?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the Muslims or illegal aliens come after my household I guarantee you that I can pick off about 200 of them before we take off to higher ground. Yep, I'm that good of a shot and tactician. I ain't givin up my arsenal!

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/ben-carson-suggests-holocaust-less-likely-jews-were-220504283.html

The comments drew a swift response from the Anti-Defamation League.

“Ben Carson has a right to his views on gun control, but the notion that Hitler’s gun-control policy contributed to the Holocaust is historically inaccurate," said Jonathan Greenblatt, National Director of the organization. "The small number of personal firearms available to Germany’s Jews in 1938 could in no way have stopped the totalitarian power of the Nazi German state."

So the Anti-Defamation League confirmed Carsons statement?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Important to note that gun control in Germany started before Hitler, he just used and expanded what was already in place, like registration records.

NAZI FIREARMS LAW AND THE DISARMING OF THE GERMAN JEWS
Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law
, No. 3, 483-535 (2000)
Stephen P. Halbrook

"This article addresses German firearms laws and Nazi policies and practices
to disarm German citizens, particularly political opponents and Jews. It begins with
an account of post-World War I chaos, which led to the enactment in 1928 by the
liberal Weimar republic of Germany’s first comprehensive gun control law. Next, the
Nazi seizure of power in 1933 was consolidated by massive searches and seizures of
firearms from political opponents, who were invariably described as “communists.”
After five years of repression and eradication of dissidents, Hitler signed a new gun
control law in 1938, which
benefitted Nazi party members and entities, but denied
firearm ownership to enemies of the state..."

http://www.stephenhalbrook.com/article-nazilaw.pdf

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now it gets more interesting...

"Gun Control’s" Nazi Connection

JPFO has hard evidence that shows that the Nazi Weapons Law (March 18, 1938) is the source of the U.S Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA ’68)...

The Nazi Weapons Law of 1938 replaced a Law on Firearms and Ammunition of April 13, 1928. The 1928 law was enacted by a center-right, freely elected German government that wanted to curb "gang activity," violent street fights between Nazi party and Communist party thugs. All firearm owners and their firearms had to be registered. Sound familiar? "Gun control" did not save democracy in Germany. It helped to make sure that the toughest criminals, the Nazis, prevailed.

The Nazis inherited lists of firearm owners and their firearms when they 'lawfully' took over in March 1933. The Nazis used these inherited registration lists to seize privately held firearms from persons who were not "reliable." Knowing exactly who owned which firearms, the Nazis had only to revoke the annual ownership permits or decline to renew them.

In 1938, five years after taking power, the Nazis enhanced the 1928 law. The Nazi Weapons Law introduced handgun control. Firearms ownership was restricted to Nazi party members and other "reliable" people.

http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/GCA_68.htm

Latest posts

Top Bottom