Ben Carson Suggests Holocaust Would Have Been Less Likely if Jews Were Armed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now it gets more interesting...

Knowing exactly who owned which firearms, the Nazis had only to revoke the annual ownership permits or decline to renew them.

http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/GCA_68.htm

I can't speak to any other similarities, but, I have a close friend who is a retired NYC Police Sergeant and he said one of the reasons he elected to retire and leave NYC was that the Department enacted a policy of refusing to renew gun licenses and then, after waiting a certain amount of time, notifying the registrant's that he had to turn in the weapon or face confiscation or penalties.

As my friend told me, "he saw the handwriting on the wall" and left.

6 Strings

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Liberals in their puerile efforts to spin a talking point are trying to frame this as an insulting gaffe. Carson never said that the Holocaust wouldn’t have happened if the Jews were armed. He stated the obvious in that Hitler’s ability to affect his “final solution” would have been diminished had there been more weapons for the Jews (among others) to defend themselves with.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't speak to any other similarities, but, I have a close friend who is a retired NYC Police Sergeant and he said one of the reasons he elected to retire and leave NYC was that the Department enacted a policy of refusing to renew gun licenses and then, after waiting a certain amount of time, notifying the registrant's that he had to turn in the weapon or face confiscation or penalties.

As my friend told me, "he saw the handwriting on the wall" and left.

I also have a friend that's retired NYPD that lives in the city. He has a permit. NYPD told him that in order to keep his permit he had to dispose of his Beretta 9mm, sell it to an FFL and provide proof or turn it into the firearms section. He said now he is only allowed to own a .38 special and he can only keep 50 rounds of ammo in his house.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now they're attacking Dr. Keith Ablow for defending Carson:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...80fe4b0dbb8000ed29e?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

My comment to the article:

Just as in any society, anywhere and at any time in recorded history, the German Jewish community during the Nazi regime was divided. Those who were inclined to resist, did. Those inclined to capitulate, did. Those inclined to collude with the Nazis, did. Those inclined to flee, did. No one disputes that.

What can reasonably be disputed is what inclines a society to resist more or or less. Americans have a long history of resisting tyranny. Intertwined with that is a long history of individual arms ownership. During the early years, that even included cannon and private "warships".

It is this history that continues to serve America well in conflict. However, we're rapidly being indoctrinated by the left to abandon this history and principle. They do not trust themselves with arms and have no will to fight. Therefore they don't trust anyone who does. If they could eliminate the 2nd Amendment tomorrow, they would.

They'd like to become Romanesque, considering themselves too egalitarian to engage in warfare. That of course wouldn't keep them from having a standing army to quell any dissent. Said army would never be allowed to enter the city, so to speak. Those who served their masters wouldn't have the same rights and privileges of course, because men at arms are not to be trusted by the ruling elite.

In the end it really doesn't matter whether you're a Roman soldier, a ghetto Jew or a law abiding American citizen. You should NEVER trust someone asking you to trust them, who doesn't in return trust you.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard an NPR talk show this afternoon and the panelists were just giddy with laughter making fun of Carson. And another NPR show this weekend had Tom Gesham from Gun Talk as a guest, and the NPR interviewer's bias and disdain for any pro-gun thought was disgusting. Tom held his own and the host could hardly stand it.
I went to the show's website and left a comment. I was surprised to see how many comments there were saying the antigun argument was not the way to go.

I hope people's minds are changing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GTG that response is going to go right over their heads. They are incapable of reasoned history, it's all about ideology.

The insane reasoning behind some of those that commented just makes me shake my head in disgust how some people can twist a story around. They didn't even know if Dr Carson was a medical doctor in some cases.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If one Jew had shot one German then Germany would have had one less soldier. Then the surviving Jew could have taken out another German soldier. It could have been a game changer if they had guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom