Beretta Nano

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spcbrindley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own one, I did get to shoot one owned by another member of this forum. For being as small as it is, it is a very nice shooting gun. I liked it much more than the lcp. Btw he was able to get some pretty small groups at about 25 yrds from the bench, so the gun is more than capable.

Istandalone

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own one. It is very concealable even with my skinny waist, under a t-shirt in an OWB holster. It will also fit in some pants pockets (baggy cargo pants). long double action type trigger pull. accurate. if you find one that comes with an extended magazine, which I do not have, control and confort at the range with be improved (i would think).

chief63

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked one up yesterday, hit the range and carried it for the rest of the day. All the new ones come with a 6 and 8 round mag. It shot well, but only put 50 through it so to soon to say if its a keeper. Trigger is adequate for its role. The Nano has enough heft to it to make it a smooth shooter for a small gun, which I like. My other slim 9 carry is a PPS. Over all the PPS is a better shooter, but its about an inch bigger. That little bit of size difference makes the Nano a more comfortable IWB carry. The $50 Beretta defender rebate makes the Nano a pretty cheap pick up, so I'm pleased overall. Hard to do much better for around $350.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have one and put another 100 rds through it yesterday. I like it. Early Nano's had a reputation for FTEs, but that's pretty much fixed now. I've heard that Beretta wants you to break the gun in, with the first 200 rounds of ammo having 124 gr bullets or larger. Supposedly, if you break one in that way, it will eat 115gr rounds afterwards without issue. I've only ever shot 124s throught it and have never had an FTE.

As for my opinion of it, my problem is that I just don't have much to compare it to. I'm a revolver guy and have never really cared much for autos. This is the first I've owned. It's small, but not light, so take that into consideration. It's a full 20 ounces. Others who have shot my Nano say that, while small in the hand, it shoots like a larger auto.

Lastly, it's got a short grip and that scares off some. That also means that the standard magazine holds only six rounds. Unless you have tiny hands, your pinky will be under the base of the magazine. They make an 8 round version with a rubber foot that would give you pinky a perch. As a matter of fact, new Nanos come with both the six- and the eight-round magazines, but mine came with a pair of sixes. However, I immediately got used to curling my pinky under the bottom of the grip and it feels good in my hand. Some Talon granulate grips help me hold onto it when it bucks.

I'd recommend it.

hamiltoe

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I've had one for about a year now. Even after around 300 rounds, it still doesn't like the cheap walmart 115 grain ammo (FTE). It does, however, eat 124's with no problem. The factory sights are nice and bright. I recently installed the night sights on it. The extra weight makes it a nice shooter compared to similarly sized but lighter ones like the PF9. I also have a PF9 and it's not near as fun to shoot because of the recoil.

dvPete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Nano now and then. Easy to carry. Less snappy than other small 9mm's I have shot. I like not having any controls sticking out. Trigger takes some getting used to, but is manageable. I've put probably 300 rounds through it. Had some issues in the first 50 rounds, but none since.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had to "break in" any of my glocks and I don't hear about others, like the m&p's, needing X number of rounds to make the reliable. I personally would be looking for one that is reliable out of the box. I have put thousands of rounds down the 10 glocks I have owned and had zero problems, almost all of them I bought new. I'm not saying glock is superior, I'm just giving an example. In fact, if I did not have so much experience with my glocks and parts and mags I would probably have a pile of M&P's.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its not a bad gun. I have shot one at the range as well as the Ruger LC9. Both were a bit snappy for me, but I felt the Ruger had a better feel overall. It really would be personal preference, but a buddy who is an ffl seems to have lots more people get the Ruger LC9

Latest posts

Top Bottom