best 308

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no such animal alive! the thing behind the trigger on the other hand are out there in the world but those guys don't brag about what they can do so who knows you could have met one and never even knew it! most rifles shoot well these days BUT if the shooter doesn't know what's going on then what does it matter how much it cost? you can't buy experience but you can purchase enough high dollar stuff that you LOOK like you know what your doing :D, Later,

Kirk

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 700's are very favored thanks to the large number of aftermarket parts. The gun is well known to many talented smiths who can work a number on the action to really bring it in nice and tight.

A number of good shooting long range rifles started life as a 700 hunting rifle... When I was searching for the right gun I looked at both the 700 and the savage 10fp. Both were considered nice rifles, however the 700 won thanks to the suggestions of my smith.

You can't go wrong with the 700!

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone thinks.....what the best shooting long range 308?

Ahhh geez, that's a limitless question. How about accurate enough? Hahaha.

Here's a few guaranteed to out-shoot most of the people behind it:
The oklahoman's favorite, Surgeon
Nesika rifle (or a good rifle built on a nesika action for that matter)
Borden rifle
etc
etc

In all practicality, a Remington 700. Lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom