Best bulk 22LR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My local Walmart is out of every ammo that I shoot...Including Federal bulk :( Plenty of Winchester Xperts and Golden Bullet's though! I'd rather not shoot than purchase either one of those.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
trip to the sand spring gun club today...... trying out my new Ruger MK II. fed 250+ remington gold LR from a walmart 550 pak.

had 13 fail to fire bullets... making a total of 20 duds so far from this 550 pak. and I've got another 200 to fire yet.

stopped at walmart in SS on the way back... told them about all the duds.... they really couldn't/wouldn't do anything about it. the guy at walmart said to write a letter to Remington.

the Ruger MK II shoot great!!!
was hitting clay pigeons on the ground at 50 yds with no problems.

I've taken the dud shells in with me.their policy is no refunds or exchanges on ammo.They agreed they were defective though and gave store credit.Its worth a try at you Wally World

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I originally posted that I've had no problems with the .22 bulk, as I had several thousand that I'd acquired pre Oama. I recently ran to less than 1K rounds, and that is my minimum amount that I keep and found some Rem's at Wally world. I have sure changed my opinion. In the first 50 rounds, there were 3 misfires, so I rolled them over and put another firing pin mark on them and they still failed to fire. I'm starting to understand what you guys are talking about.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I originally posted that I've had no problems with the .22 bulk, as I had several thousand that I'd acquired pre Oama. I recently ran to less than 1K rounds, and that is my minimum amount that I keep and found some Rem's at Wally world. I have sure changed my opinion. In the first 50 rounds, there were 3 misfires, so I rolled them over and put another firing pin mark on them and they still failed to fire. I'm starting to understand what you guys are talking about.

Same thing I experieinced recently with a couple boxes.
Some I could get to fire on the 2nd or 3rd try.
Got several laying on the bench that I tried 4 times without ignition.

I also got a couple QC mistakes.
One bullet deformed badly.
The other the bottom of the case was missing.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For general plinking use the Federal bulk pack ammo has been the msot reliable in my hands. I do use the Remington Goplden in my Jarvis and Advantage Arms 22 conversion units and put up with the ca 2% ignition failures. The Remington Thunderbolt ammo was both accurate and relaible but leaded my 22 conversion units badly when I fired ca 150 rounds in rapid succession - I had to cool the barrel after firing ca 20 or 30 rounds in order to use this ammo.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just like my AA conversion says "Remington Golden Bullets" they work the best in the glock 19 I have. I purchased several Federal Bulk packs and as much as I like Federal in shot gun shell these bulks packs were crap in the Advantage Arms conversion. You did get to clear your gun a lot though:tounge2: I gave them to my daughter since she has a .22 revolver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom