Best bulk 22LR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't seem to have problems with any of them firing. I have noted some problems with the Rem being a little short on powder when fired from the Ruger Mark III, but they fire and at the short ranges, it doesn't effect accuracy, but I notice the action being slow to cycle.
Still 550 rounds for $15 is a bargain.:D

$13.97 as of 2 days ago at Owasso Wal-Mart! :)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Buckmark and Henry Lever like the Federal Automatch and Federal 510. Federal AE22's have been real good in the Henry but are not real accurate in the Buckmark. But they do make noise, which is more than I can say for the Remington of late. I got a box of Remington Target at Wal-Fart and about 8 or 9 of them were duds. Close to 10% failure just doesn't cut it IMO. :hellno:

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guns are choosy - I've seen some that will work well in one gun and then be repeatedly problematic in another.

In my experience the the most versatile .22lr for my pistols/rifles are the Remington Golden bullets.

Yea, both of the .22LR guns ive had HATED Rem gold bullets but eats federal 550 bulk and winchester bulk but my moms old Ruger MkI eats the rem gold bullets and fed bulk but hates winchester.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$13.97 as of 2 days ago at Owasso Wal-Mart! :)

I bought my last bulk a month ago at that price.

I just got my latest catalog from Natchez, and some of their prices on .223 and .22 are below wally world:woohoo1: Of course shipping has to be figured in, but I guess this proves prices are getting out of the stratosphere and back to earth:D:D

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
10/22 and P22 like Fed or Remy Gold bulk ammo. Does seem as of late Remy's quality has suffered with some mis-shaped bullets and duds. P22 will not take a CCI stinger. First round goes bang and jams on the second or thrid round. Remmy T-Bolts worked fine but heard that they'll gum up a auto loader so quit shooting them.

ShortlineHogger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have stopped buying anything Remington makes in rimfire-too many FTF, a blown caseing once, and general lack of quality control-I used to love these, but they've really gone down hill, from my experience.

I like the Federal bulk packs, but I've been hearing they've gone down too-I just bought a few thousand rounds of it, I hope it still works like it used to. I used to shoot a lot of Federal Automatch, but haven't found it available in a while.

When i can find em, I love CCI Blazers either in bulk packs or bricks.

CCI Mini-Mags-just about the most consistent cheap (relatively) plinking ammo out there for me.

Wolf MT-a bit higher up in the cost area, but still not up there with real .22 target match ammo.

My absolute favorite cheap .22 is Winchester Dynapoints. I can't find it in the OKC area though, so I'm almost out of it, but I try and pick up some when I travel. K-Marts used to carry it, but I don't know if any of the Kmarts in Tulsa still carry ammo? No K-marts at all in OKC...I have a sporting goods store I stop in up in KS every few months and stock up.

Stuff I won't buy?

Remington anything-Golden Bullets, Thunderbolts, etc-junk-too many Fail to Fire, duds, lack of consistency (crack, pop, pfft, crack, crack, pffft, pop) and accuracy is all over the place.

Winchester Xperts/bulk pack 333-Seem to be good in my Henry and bolt guns, but the pointy nose tends to jam in my autos- Not a bad round, just not able to use it in many of my guns, so I just stay away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom