Best Bullet Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only been reloading for about two years, so my experience is limited, but I have pretty much settled on 200 gr lswc for target shooting. I started out with laser cast bullets from Oregon Trail, but my last box came from J&K Bullet Casters in Moore. They put out a quality product and the service is first rate.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Misread your post. Just realized you were getting in to casting your own. Sorry (but I still like semi wadcutters)

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would like to start casting for a .45 ACP, what do youall think is the best style and Weight.

Those bullets from J&K are very similar to the Hensley and Gibbs #68. There are a very popular style of bullet and shoot very well out of a 1911 style pistol.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It depends what you are going to shoot it in. I shoot 200 grain SWC in my Glocks and I tend to use 230 grain FMJ in my 1911 style pistol. Some guns are more forgiving than others when it comes to feeding bullets. Try different bullets and loads in your gun and see what works best.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends what you are going to shoot it in. I shoot 200 grain SWC in my Glocks and I tend to use 230 grain FMJ in my 1911 style pistol. Some guns are more forgiving than others when it comes to feeding bullets. Try different bullets and loads in your gun and see what works best.

Completely nailed it. Whatever works best in your gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom