Best Glock for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're probably going to get a lot of votes for G19 and that is a pretty good choice but I will say (for me), G26. Small enough to hide anytime anywhere but bigger than a mouse gun when its show time. Really can't go wrong with either. Also, depending on what caliber you want, G23/G27

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_PB100016.jpg

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you think the G26 conceals that much better than a G19?

Glockwork1987 can offer his opinion but for me, yes I think it does. Not really by much but the grip of a G19/G23 is significantly larger than that of a G26/27.

As with most conceal carry questions, it depends a lot on your body style and where you carry. I carry at 3-4 o'clock and the grip of the G19/G23 tended to stick out 'behind" me if I even thought about bending at the waist.

I tried a holster with more can't but then the slide stuck out forward.

I am 5-9 and 170+-

Just my observations............

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a 19 or a 26 with a finger extension.

Agreed.

One thing I found with the many finger extensions available is the ones that claim to be +1 or +2 don't always add +1 or +2 in reality.

The Pearce +0 (PG-26) in the regular size (not the XL) gives you just enough to help with your draw.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_PB220013.jpg

If you aren't concerned about a draw from concealment then I kind of like shooting with the original flat base plates.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you think the G26 conceals that much better than a G19?

I owned a 26, and still own my XD 4" (so comparable to a 19/27), and I will say yes, it does.

The shorter barrel also helped me quite a bit IWB. The 26 was just short enough it did not apply pressure to the outside of my hip like the XD does when sitting to extended periods of time. And the short grip prints less noticeably under an untucked shirt.

Granted the average person is far too oblivious to notice any printing the longer pistol may cause. But to me the 26 was very comfortable. Only sold it because Glocks just weren't my thing, ergonomically. Great guns though :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom