Best Mexican Fast Food?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Mexican Fast Food Joint do you like best?

• Taco Bueno

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Taco Hell

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Del Taco

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Casa of Tacos( or whatever it) is in Yukon

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, 9 bean burritos? I bet you were a big hit in the barracks
My brother-in-law always gets Del Taco when he's TDY, but I think that's mostly because my sister forbid him from getting Del Taco when he's at home. Something about The Hague Conventions on biological and chemical warfare, or some such.

My preferred fast-food Tex-Mex is Taco Bueno; it has a decent flavor, and the ground beef (usually) isn't swimming in grease. (And it's hard to beat five party tacos, five party bean burritos, plus beans, rice, salsa, and chips for ten bucks.)

Taco Bell never bothered me, and it was good eatin' for a broke-ass college student. Their bean burritos and Orient Express's half fried rice/half lo mein kept me from starving on many days.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Mexican friends and/or coworkers just refer to it as American food.
Yes. When we spend winters in the Brownsville area, Mercedes in particular, the Mexican food resembles nothing you get in Oklahoma chain restaurants. Closer to the taco stands in Ok where they speak little engrish and you have to point at what you want on the menu.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was in college, we'd hit up a taco joint (it may have been Taco Tico, don't really remember) about 5 minutes before they closed. Most times, they'd sell us everything they had left for a couple of dollars. Did the same thing with a certain convenience store --- broasted chicken, corn dogs, and steak fries. Sure stretched the food budget!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't call them places "Mexican" food... But to be fair, you can't find Taco's North of I-10.

When I crave tacos, I make em at home.
I made shredded pork tenderloin taco's last night with Serrano pepper, Seeded Jalapeno pepper, Anaheim pepper, onion, cumin, cilantro fresh garlic and coriander with goat cheese, lettuce, and tomato.
THAT'S a Mexican taco.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I can remember eating at Taco Tico in Moore when I was kid, its now the Boomerang diner on 12th and Broadway. I think it was a chain deal and there were a few around OKC, kinda like Big Ed's. I sure miss those days!
There was one here that just closed down in the last couple of years. It was the last place in town to get cheap tacos that were decent. The building just sits empty now.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made shredded pork tenderloin taco's last night with Serrano pepper, Seeded Jalapeno pepper, Anaheim pepper, onion, cumin, cilantro fresh garlic and coriander with goat cheese, lettuce, and tomato.
THAT'S a Mexican taco.

I made some taco meat over the weekend, mixed in some cream cheese and stuffed it in pablanos, baked it off in the oven... they was legit!

Latest posts

Top Bottom