best place to eat around Bricktown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nonna's and The Mantle for high end dining (The Mantle being the cheaper of the two) are my two recommendations. Steaks at both places are good, but they aren't steakhouses. You'll find better items on the menus that really showcase the restaurant. If you have to have a steak, don't expect one on par with a high end steakhouse, but it won't be far behind. The quality is there, it's just not their focus menu item. If at Nonna's, dont' get the pasta. It's good, but it's not much better than cheaper places and the other menu items blow the pastas out the water. I used to work there, so I've had it all. Their desserts also kick ass. You will have a very hard time finding a table at most places down there. I'd definitely recommend calling ahead and trying to get a reservation, if they're available. I'd probably do that sometime between now and yesterday. Opentable.com is a pretty good resource for after hours resos.

I've never been to Red Prime, in Midtown, but I've never heard anything close to a complaint about it. The restaurant at the Art Museum is also really nice. The Skervin (spelling?) hotel also has a nice restaurant, on par with the others I mentioned. If you're willing to head north, out of Bricktown, check out The Ranch or Boulevard. They're near Edmond and they're my favorite steakhouses. The Ranch takes the edge, but it's a little more expensive. I would avoid Mickey Mantles unless you're out of options. They're a fine restaurant, but they aren't on par with the others IMO. They're owned by Kriby's, so you'll get a product worthy of the chain's name, but you don't get the personal influence of the restaurant's chef like you see at the others. Service is good there, but I prefer other steakhouses.

Bourbon Street Cafe used to be really good, but then it kind of tanked a few years back. A few years later, they really upped their quality again, but my last experience was about 4 years ago. Due to the ups and downs over the last 10 years, I'd hate to recommend them without recent experience. I would definitely go if someone can pipe up with positive experience within the last year because they have a great restaurant model and a menu with a ton of potential.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red Prime is awesome! Expensive, but awesome! Love the atmosphere, the service, and the steak was excellent. Would love to go back, but I think we spent $120, and that wasn't even with drinks or anything fancy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom