Best Onion Rings Tulsa area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in OKC last Sunday at a place I had never been (Sherri's Diner SW 59th OKC) qnd had some great OR's. Got to wondering about where to get some quality OR's in the Tulsa area.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love me some great onion rings, my favorites were Yale Bowl years ago, worked there in my youth and probably consumed my weight in rings.

I tend to like bigger, crusty breaded rings, not "beer battered" or tempura like battered.

Webers has had some good rings.

Pics of rings from Silver Skillet and Mom's Family diner look outstanding, they are on my list to try. I've had great rings at Mahogony in OKC, and Stonehorse grill in Tulsa as well.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the burgers at Smitty’s Garage, but the onion rings were underwhelming, to say the least. Actually, I can’t think of any onion rings I’d recommend in the Tulsa area, so I’m hoping you get some good suggestions here.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My own, everywhere I go is usually a disappointment lol. When I was a kid I was a fry cook at TJ Charcoaler in Shawnee, and I make mine the same way. Been my favorite for a long time.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Arnold's in West Tulsa.
1683817387421.png

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best rings we have had are MY HOMEMADE OR.

I don't like the thick cut, heavy battered rings.

Use purple onion. I cut them thin. Soak in heavy cream. Toss in corn meal, flour, corn starch, salt, pepper mixture. Then deep fry, until crispy.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My own, everywhere I go is usually a disappointment lol. When I was a kid I was a fry cook at TJ Charcoaler in Shawnee, and I make mine the same way. Been my favorite for a long time.
Interesting. That's one place I don't remember and I've been in Shawnee most my life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom