Best Place To Get A Great Steak In OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about outside my hunting house. Take your pick. These frickin beasts have annoyed me all fall. image.jpg

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Ranch, Cattlemen's, Mahogany, Red, and Boulevard Steakhouse all get the top cuts of steak. Maybe others... these are the ones I know and have been to, and all prepare a top notch steak.

I think the Ranch makes the best steak of the bunch because 1) you can order a 16 oz. filet and split it with your date, so you both get a thicker cut and more rare meat than you would if you got two separate 8 oz. steaks, and 2) because you can get the fattened liver of a force fed goose (foie gras) with your steak, which takes it to a whole new level of awesomeness. I'm not usually big on sauces and other crap on top of my steak when it is a top notch filet, but just a little sliver of foie gras on your fork when you take a bite makes incredible thngs happen in your mouth. Try it sometime and see if it don't.

The thing is, the Ranch is the most expensive steakhouse in town as far as I can tell. It's worth it when you want to treat yourself to the very best and are in the mood to be fancy.

However, I go to Cattlemen's by far more than any other because 1) they are really cheap compared to other places that have the best cuts (you can get an 8 oz. filet for $27, which is about half what the other good places want), and 2) they make as good of an 8 oz. filet as I've had anywhere in the world.

Besides, I dig the old school shitkicker ambience. Most of the time I just feel like a great steak... not necessarily "fine dining" or dressing up.

Have been to 4 of the 5 mentioned. Love the Ranch. The others aren't bad either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom